Oceana is seeking a digital campaigner to work as a member of the digital marketing and e-activism team to help execute digital fundraising, advocacy and engagement strategy and tactics. The digital campaigner will primarily work to activate Oceana’s grassroots program, covering platforms including email, social media, website, e-commerce and SMS.
Our digital team works every day to be more effective and creative at online and mobile advocacy and fundraising. The digital writer will take part in all e-activism team meetings and strategy sessions, contributing their ideas and perspective. She or he will be the daily go-to for our online email program (both advocacy and fundraising), write campaign petitions and web content, update the digital team’s content calendar, and look for innovative ways to engage our grassroots base.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Research, write and build email advocacy and fundraising content for Oceana Wavemaker program.
- Manage the day-to-day functioning of Oceana’s CRM Engaging Networks.
- Service grassroots supporters’ questions, queries and concerns.
- Assist in reporting for Oceana.org website and Wavemaker program.
- Research, write and produce content for Oceana’s website to activate supporters.
- Work with campaign teams to produce, write and build petition pages.
- Assist in the creation and strategy for Oceana social media content as needed.
- Other duties as needed.
- 1-3 years of experience in nonprofit online advocacy and fundraising.
- Excellent persuasive writing & storytelling skills, fact-checking or copy-editing experience
- Experience with Constituent Relationship Management databases like Engaging Networks, ActionKit, MailChimp, Every Action, or others
- Comfortable editing HTML and CSS, writing Boolean Queries.
- Experience in fundraising and email marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Data-driven, inquisitive thinker familiar with testing and optimization.
- Ability to multi-task, and maintain a positive and cheerful attitude in the face of stressful situations
- Ability to collaborate with others and take constructive feedback in stride
- Creative problem-solving skills