Global HR Manager for Systems, Compensation and Benefits
This position is responsible for developing and managing the Human Resources systems that support the effectiveness of our HR programs globally; for managing Oceana’s global compensation; and for overseeing our benefits programs. S/he will provide leadership in conceiving, designing, developing, and implementing appropriate HR systems and process solutions. The incumbent will lead the development and reporting on HR business metrics and indicators.
The Manager will work with Oceana’s leaders and managers to utilize compensation best practices designed to maximize employee engagement and comply with external laws regulations. The incumbent will work hand-in-hand with the Office Administrators in Oceana’s country offices and with the HR Manager for the US to implement and monitor benefits programs that are compliant, fair and competitive.
The Manager will work with and support other team members in the development and implementation of policies, processes and programs that support and enhance the individual and collective contributions needed for Oceana to succeed. S/he is supervised by Director of Human Resources and supervises no staff.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Human Resources Information Systems – Responsible for all aspects of Oceana’s HRIS and related systems
- Ensure efficient and effective implementation and use of HRIS system(s) globally including integration of systems where needed.
- Utilize systems to increase efficiency, promote employee and manager self-service, and move to a paperless environment.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to ensure seamless processing of HR transactions and ensure data quality.
Compensation – Oversee compensation programs and initiatives
- Determine best practices that compliment Oceana’s approach to compensation
- Participate in salary surveys and use data to determine competitive salaries globally
Benefits – Oversee benefits programs and initiatives
- Work with OAs and HR Manager in the US to implement competitive and fair benefits programs
- Determine minimum global benefits standards and work to implement
- Lead the definition of HR business metrics
- Oversee the production of reports for critical analyses of HR function and the organization
- Monitor and analyze workforce trends and prepare organization-wide analysis and reports.
Education and Work Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) from an accredited institution in human resources, business administration or related field and five years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Deep knowledge of HR information systems, their implementation and use. Three+ years’ experience leading the implementation and integration of new or existing systems.
- At least two years’ experience in a decision making, leadership role in Human Resources with a major, international organization preferred.
- Proven ability to maintain knowledge of international HR policies, programs, laws and issues and knowledge of best practices within an international non-governmental organization and experience implementing such practices.
- A deep knowledge of compensation and benefits. Experience building a compensation program from scratch preferred.
- Hands on experience implementing process improvements to increase efficiency.
- Demonstrated success in program and project management. Ability to lead projects from both the strategic and tactical perspectives.
- Ability to understand the differences between domestic and international policies and programs and coordinate the integration of such programs required.
- Keen appreciation of how HR systems are informed by and support HR policies and processes and an in-depth understanding of HR functional areas and business processes.
- Proven analytical ability and ability to show initiative think strategically and innovatively and translate ideas into action. Prior experience in developing and implementing HR analyses and metrics.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize among a broad mix of responsibilities, tasks and deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills both with internal and external audiences.
- Ability to be professionally assertive and influence without formal authority.
- Strong team skills and ability to train, coach and mentor clients and colleagues in the areas of responsibility.
- Global Perspective: Takes a broad view of issues and challenges and can see them in a global context. Builds relationships with people from different cultures and countries. Draws on global knowledge and perspective when tackling complex issues or looking for opportunities.
- Strategic Mindset: Can see the big picture and move into the future with clear intentions and purposeful actions. Acts today in a way that leads to achieving future objectives.
- Plans & Aligns: Skilled at creating plans that are aligned with Oceana’s priorities and that enable individuals and teams to get organized, remain focused and proceed with confidence.
- Collaborates: Brings people together to leverage their skills, talents and knowledge to achieve a common purpose. Creates synergy resulting in a combined effort with greater results than what can be achieved by individuals.
- Demonstrates Self Awareness: Can assess his/her own capabilities and connect how they are perceived by others with how they see themselves. Is observant and gains insights from experiences. Proactively seeks feedback.
- Nimble Learning: Takes on the challenge of unfamiliar tasks. Can quickly adapt to new situations and to draw on past successes and failures to solve current problems.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Authority Allocated:
- Act as an advisor on human resources issues to executives and all level of employees throughout the organization.
- Propose new and changes to existing policy. Put in place systems and processes needed to implement policy.
- Serve as Oceana's HIPAA compliance officer.
- Position requires the strictest level of confidence.
- Ability to establish credibility throughout the organization as an effective listener and problem solver required.
- Ability and willingness to commit to Oceana’s conservation goals.
TO APPLY: PLEASE ATTACH A COPY OF YOUR COVER LETTER WITH YOUR RESUME.