Human Resources Assistant
This is a temporary fulltime Human Resources position (scheduled to begin in October 2017 and continue through April 2018). The Human Resources Associate is responsible for providing comprehensive administrative support for the operations of the Human Resource department, ensuring efficient delivery of services, management of processes, accuracy of data records while maintaining a high level of confidentiality. The Human Resources Associate will assist in various HR functions including but not limited to: hiring and onboarding, performance management, salary review, benefits management, payroll and occasionally front office duties such as answering phones and sorting mail.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist HR Manager with annual open enrollment.
- Reconcile monthly invoices to ensure the most up to date lists of terminated employees as well as newly hired employees are accurate and we receive the necessary credits and adjustments to invoices.
- Assist HR Coordinator with entering new hires into MetLife, Principal and Carefirst registration portal.
- Update personnel records in all carrier websites with life changing events, termination dates and changes in salary.
- Process COBRA events in ADP.
Onboarding & Offboarding
- Review and edit job descriptions, this includes proofreading for grammatical errors, transfer of information to Oceana job description templates, and storing job descriptions on our internal shared drive.
- Along with the HR Coordinator, conduct new employee orientations to include administration of new hire paperwork.
- Process account creations and terminations using our internal program.
- Post open positions in ADP, Idealist, LinkedIn, Twitter and other sites as requested.
- Notify Office Administrator to post/remove job postings from the Oceana website and other sites where the position was posted.
- As requested, assist HR Coordinator with recruitment process including but not limited to setting up interviews, conducting phone interviews, reference checks, etc.
- Assist HR Director with the administration of our annual performance evaluation and salary review process.
- Assist HR Director with training country offices, managers and Office Administrators on our performance evaluation system and salary spreadsheets.
- Help prepare 2018 spreadsheets to track performance appraisals/goals and salary increases and track their completion.
Systems & Data Integrity
- Prepare payroll sheets for review & processing by HR Coordinator and Accounting Manager.
- Enter new employees, update personnel records when changes are made to an employee’s file (i.e. promotions, salary increases, change in title, change in supervisor, terminations, etc.). in our HRIS systems.
- Consistently update the new hires/terminations spreadsheet and HQ emergency contact list.
General & Office Administration
- Responsible for receptionist area in the absence of Office Administrator. Duties will include answering phones, recording donations, ordering and replenishing office supplies, opening and closing of the office and following-up with maintenance requests.
- File paperwork and keep employee files up to date.
- Update Federal, State, and Local laws folder on the shared drive for remote employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and work experience:
- Associates degree in Human Resources or higher (bachelor’s preferred) and a minimum of three years office and human resources experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now.
- Experience with NetSuite, and Nexonia highly preferred.
Skills and knowledge:
- Ability to maintain confidential information in a professional manner, be a team player and a multi-tasker.
- Must be extremely organized with sharp attention to details, have a strong work ethic, and possess willingness and ability to learn.
- Knowledge of various human resources areas including but not limited to HRIS and performance evaluations.
- Strong knowledge of computer systems to perform HR tasks, especially proficient preparing spreadsheets and reports.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.