Oceana (www.oceana.org) campaigns to protect and restore the world’s oceans. Our international team of marine scientists, economists, lawyers and advocates win specific and concrete policy changes to prevent the irreversible collapse of fish populations, marine mammals, plus other sea life and their ecosystems from overfishing, disrupting fishing practices and pollution, amongst others.
Oceana is seeking a full-time Logistics Coordinator to join our team. The position is based out of Oceana’s Madrid office.
Note: only apply if you fulfill the requirements listed below.
The Logistics Coordinator must have:
- At least 5 Years experience as a Logistics Coordinator and/or Skipper
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually using own initiative
- Experience in boats and at sea expeditions
- Experience in logistics coordination and resourcefulness in finding needed tools
- Qualification in navigation
- Excellent command of English (bilingual level essential English/ Spanish)
- Must feel comfortable working under pressure within tight deadlines
- Scuba diving qualifications will be valuable
The candidate will be reporting to the Senior Research Director and will:
- Coordinate the logistics for Oceana’s activities and expeditions.
- Maintain any terrestrial and marine vehicle belonging to Oceana
- Ensure correct maintenance of diving equipment
- Coordinate diving and ROV activities during Oceana campaigns
- Obtain other scientific equipment needed (multibeam sonar, grabs, landers, etc.)
- Obtain estimates for and negotiate vendor supplies and rental including but not limited to boat/ship rentals and ROV rentals
- Warehouse and inventory management
- Requests and follow-up of permits and authorisations related to expeditions
- Ensure correct approvals are obtained for contracts and expenses
- Monitor budget control, timesheets and expense reports.
- Ensure timely and accurate receipt of supplier invoices and monitor deliverables for expeditions
- Recruitment and management of crew members
The post will initially be available for a one year period starting in February 2017
Salary: 40.000 – 45.000 Euros gross
To apply for the post
Please send an application letter briefly outlining the skills and approach you would bring to the position along with your CV/resume by email only to: [email protected]
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: February 15th, 2017