Social Media Expert - Madrid
Oceana is one of the world’s leading organisations in the fight to restore the bounty of our oceans as a source for wild-caught fish, and to preserve marine ecosystems for our own as well as future generations. Around the world, Oceana strives to enable policies that protect ocean resources, which are essential for economies, jobs, families, and communities to thrive. Our campaigns seek to save the oceans, so the oceans can feed the world.
This is an exciting time at Oceana. In 2018 we are embarking on a big social media campaign to get even more people involved in the vital work we do, that’s why we are looking for a Social Media Expert to become part of our dynamic and forward looking global team.
Oceana has played a key role in securing important policy changes in Europe, including reforming the EU Common Fishing Policy, bringing transparency to fisheries management, and ensuring at least 10% of European seas are protected by 2020.
- As a social media specialist, you will be the keeper of Oceana Europe's presence on social media. You will work closely with the communications team and with other departments to increase our visibility and contribute to achieving our campaign goals on key social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and various other outlets.
- We’re looking for a tech-savvy energetic individual who has a passion for the oceans and is eager to make a difference by managing all social media accounts for Oceana in Europe. You will research opportunities to enhance our social media activities and Oceana´s presence online at a European level. This is a full-time position and the person will report to the Senior Communications Director of Oceana in Europe.
- Manage all social media accounts for Oceana
- Execute and manage social media campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and various other outlets
- Analyze social media campaigns and optimize for effectiveness
- Update and create day-by-day and ad hoc analytic reports
- Monitor all social media accounts daily and produce periodical reports to analyze the metrics and recommend changes and content that would enhance our social media performance
- Establish new and maintain existing social media relationships by proactively engaging in discussions surrounding our content, projects, and brand
- Stay informed on trending topics and social media trends to leverage and/or communicate accordingly
- Track key Facebook followers, bloggers, Twitter users, and contributors etc. of interest and classify them based on content and visibility; identify relevant celebrities who could potentially support our campaigns
- Use creative means to drive strong engagement and organic growth of all social media properties
- Develop content strategies in coordination with the European Communications team to support our projects and campaigns
- Recommend new social media tools, sites, and apps as part of the social media mix
- In collaboration with the Communications team execute social marketing campaigns, including marketing/new concepts, community-building efforts and advocacy initiatives.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3-5 years of professional experience using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, blogs and LinkedIn or YouTube for a company or organization to support social media campaigns that engage audience members
- Exceptional creative writing skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- At least one other major European language (Italian, French, German, Spanish) required.
- Able to interact with many people and deliver under high pressure situations and tight deadlines
- Pro-active and strong team player yet able to work individually on a project and in a team environment
- Understanding of the basic principles of public relations and/or marketing
- Good judgment and discretion when dealing with sensitive topics
- Strong computer and technology skills. Knowledge of video and photo editing software a plus
- Results-oriented, trained in using monitoring tools
- The possibility of working in a young multicultural organisation in an international environment.
- Full time contract.
- Flexible working day (8 hours a day).
- Salary 30.000-35.000 Euros gross (commensurate with the selected candidate’s qualifications and experience).
To apply for the post:
Please send a cover letter stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the position, together with your CV/resume, in strict confidence, by email only and in English to: email@example.com