Social Media Strategist
SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGIST
Oceana is a leader in the fight to preserve and restore the bounty of the ocean as a source for wild-caught fish, and to preserve marine ecosystems for our and future generations. Around the world, Oceana works to enable policies that protect ocean resources, which are essential for the economy, jobs, families, and communities to thrive. Our campaigns seek to save the ocean, so the ocean can feed the world.
This is an exciting time at Oceana. In 2017 we are embarking on our biggest social media campaign ever. We are seeking a Social Media Strategist to be part of our dynamic and forward looking global team.
Oceana has played a key role in securing important policy changes in Europe, including reforming the EU Common Fishing Policy, bringing transparency to fisheries management, and protecting at least 10% of European seas by 2020.
As a social media specialist you will be the keeper of OCEANA Europe's presence on social media. You will work closely with the communications team to increase our visibility and contribute to achieving our campaign goals on key social channels such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube, among others. We’re looking for a tech-savvy energetic individual who has a passion for the oceans and is eager to make a difference on behalf of OCEANA by posting and managing our social media platforms. You will research opportunities to enhance our social media activities and OCEANA´s presence online at the European level in a meaningful way. This is a full-time position and the person will report to the Senior Communications Director of Oceana in Europe.
- Identify opportunities that will promote growth on social media sites.
- Update all our social media accounts on daily basis by coordinating and producing relevant content.
- Monitor all social media accounts on daily basis and produce periodical reports to analyze the metrics and recommend changes and content that would enhance our social media performance.
- Establish new and maintain existing social media relationships by proactively engaging in discussions surrounding our content, projects, and brand.
- Track key Facebook followers, bloggers, Twitters, and contributors etc. of interest and classify them based on content and visibility; prepare analysis and tracking of trends.
- Recommend and apply relevant social media techniques, processes and tools to improve overall results and efficiency.
- Develop content strategies in coordination with the Communications team to support our projects and campaigns at the European level.
- Recommend new social media tools, sites, and apps as part of the social media mix.
- Convey a sense of community and build our following based on valuable content and mutual sharing.
- Use creative means to drive strong engagement and organic growth of all social media properties.
- Work closely with the Web team to ensure we’re fully leveraging the website for maximum impact/results.
- In collaboration with the Communications team execute social marketing campaigns, including marketing/new concepts, community-building efforts and advocacy initiatives.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3-5 years of professional experience using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, blogs and LinkedIn or YouTube for a company or organization to support social media campaigns that engage audience members
- Exceptional creative writing and excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Able to interact with many people and deliver under high pressure situations and tight deadlines.
- Pro-active, strong team player, able to work individually on a project and also in a team environment.
- Understanding of the basic principles of public relations and/or marketing
- Good judgment and discretion when dealing with sensitive topics
- Strong computer and technology skills
The post will initially be available for a one year period starting on January 1st, 2017.
To apply for the post:
Please send a letter of application briefly outlining the skills and approach that you would bring to the position along with your CV/resume by e-mail only to [email protected]
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Closing Date: 30/12/2016