Web Specialist - Madrid
Oceana is the largest international advocacy organization dedicated solely to ocean conservation. Oceana is rebuilding abundant and biodiverse oceans by winning science-based policies in countries that control one third of the world’s wild fish catch. With over 100 victories that stop overfishing, habitat destruction, pollution and killing of threatened species like turtles and sharks, Oceana’s campaigns are delivering results. A restored ocean means that one billion people can enjoy a healthy seafood meal, every day, forever. Together, we can save the oceans and help feed the world.
Our international team of marine scientists, economists, lawyers and advocates win specific and concrete policy changes to prevent the irreversible collapse of fish populations, marine mammals, plus other sea life and their ecosystems from overfishing, disrupting fishing practices and pollution, amongst others.
Location: Madrid, Spain
Oceana Europe seeks a Web Specialist to manage and grow our website and other campaign sites. This position offers an exciting opportunity to develop and execute creative digital advocacy strategy and tactics for Oceana Europe’s overarching campaigns. The Web Specialist will work closely with communications and campaign staff to create website content, online campaigns and other digital content to meet Oceana Europe’s communications goals – including increasing website traffic, online actions, donations and other engagement.
The successful candidate will be data-driven, actively participating in data collection and analysis to improve practices over time. He or she will have a passion for ocean conservation and always be looking for ways to improve their work and the team’s work, as a whole. This position reports to the Senior Communications.
- Ongoing update of the website contents in both English and Spanish, as well as uploading materials in other additional languages in specific cases
- In-depth review of the current website contents, including fixing of errors, broken links and duplicated content
- Staying abreast of ocean news/campaigns and events for rapid response in order to update the web with relevant content
- Write and coordinate online content for blog, social media and other channels.
- Using Google Analytics, evaluate the success of all digital communications platforms in driving web traffic and based on that recommend ways to increase traffic
- Involvement in the design, content development, structure and editing processes related to the web
- Implement paid engine marketing campaigns, regularly analyze campaign data, evaluate impact and look for ways to adjust course to improve results
- Support issues management, working closely with the communications team and Director to proactively manage Oceana’s reputation and brand
- Identify opportunities to advance campaign goals, design and implement responses to such opportunities including social listening
- Edit and produce short videos as needed Video editing & production highly valued
- Active support with social media accounts, including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram as needed
- Check social media monitoring software to track and assess the success of our efforts as needed
- Other duties as needed
Qualifications and experience:
We are seeking an experienced candidate with a Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field with a minimum of 2 years’ experience providing helpdesk IT service, installing, repairing and maintaining printers, mobile devices, computer hardware, software and peripherals.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, audiovisuals, journalism, or a related discipline
- 3-5 years of experience dealing with web content and/or structure/design
- Strong working knowledge of communications and digital media principles and practices
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills
- Attention to detail, strong follow-through, and the demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to approach problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm and innovation
- A proactive team player with a positive attitude
- Minimum basic ability in HTML
- Experience in feeding/dealing and/or managing social media a plus
- Experience working with Drupal, WordPress or comparable CMS
- Google analytics experience or experience with other analytics software
- Experience in Photoshop, video editing software or InDesign a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing in English and Spanish, fluency in these languages is essential for the position. Other additional languages such as French, Italian, Danish or German is an asset
- The possibility of working in a young multicultural organisation in an international environment.
- Full time contract.
- Flexible working day (8 hours a day).
- € 35,000 – 40,000 gross / year (commensurate with the selected candidate’s qualifications and experience).
To apply for the post:
Please send a cover letter stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the position, together with your CV/resume, in strict confidence, by email only to: [email protected]
Please ensure that they are sent with the titles “Your name cover letter” and “Your name CV”. Please put “WEB” in the email subject line. Also, please let us know where you saw the post advertised.
Only applicants being interviewed will be contacted.
Closing Date: November 14th, 2017