Clean Ocean Energy Internship
Location: Washington, D.C.
Oceana seeks a Clean Ocean Energy Intern to assist in developing a strategy for addressing climate issues as they pertain to oceans. The intern will assist on a variety of projects including writing, editing, researching and possibly policy work. We are currently accepting applications for Mid-Fall 2013.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- At least a BA/BS in policy or environmental sciences. MA student/graduate in policy, environmental sciences or related fields preferred.
- Knowledge of wind energy, energy efficiency, oil and natural gas development. Applicants should know about electricity generation, and the impacts of fossil fuel consumption.
- Enthusiasm for ocean conservation.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- Familiarity with ArcGIS and/or Google Earth is a plus.
For this position, Oceana will not accept applicants with less than a completed bachelor’s degree. Interns should be able to work 40 hours a week for at least 10 weeks. This is a paid internship. Oceana accepts interns who earn academic credit for their internship.
How to apply
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and are reviewed periodically. Our internships do not always align with the academic calendar. Be aware that your cover letter is viewed as a writing sample and please highlight why your experience is a good fit for this position. Also include the dates you are available.