Oceana Benefits & Culture
Our team members are dedicated to our mission. The Oceana team truly cares about the oceans, and our environment as a whole. We hire people with this type of commitment, as well as having leadership skills to enable them to get tasks accomplished. We hire the best and the brightest, and it shows in our campaigns and our organizational support services. Our team members are engaged, integrated and cross-functional and they strategize and pitch ideas off of each other. This page focuses on the US benefits, but our culture, experience and expertise crosses many borders. In addition to our US team, we have team members located in Spain, Chile, Belgium, Belize, Denmark and the United Kingdom. It’s a dynamic, diverse environment.
We want our employees to know they are valued and this is why we offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
Oceana Benefits – United States
Oceana offers a variety of benefits for our employees. While some apply to full time employees, some also apply to part time and/or temporary staff members. Some of the benefits in the United States consist of:
- A medical plan with CareFirst Blue Cross/Blue Shield. We offer two health care plan choices, a regular PPO plan or a Health Savings PPO. Employee premiums are determined by plan choice. We also contribute 50% of the premium for eligible dependent coverage.
- A dental plan with MetLife Dental. Oceana fully pays for employee only coverage, and pays 50% towards coverage for eligible dependents.
- A vision plan with VSP. Oceana fully pays for employee only coverage, and pays 50% towards coverage for eligible dependents.
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance - fully paid for the employee by Oceana.
- Health related coverage is effective the first day of month following employment.
- We offer a Health Advocate program to assist you with insurance questions, medical and healthcare coordination and planning.
- Pre-tax health, limited purpose, and dependent care flexible spending accounts.
- We offer an excellent 403(b) retirement plan with The Principal Financial Group. Eligible employees may make voluntary contributions to the plan as soon as they establish an account. We will match up to 5% of an eligible employee’s contribution on the 1st of the month following six months of consecutive employment. All contributions are immediately fully vested.
- Pre-tax transit and parking benefits.
- A fully funded Employee Assistance Program.
- We offer paid holidays! Usually following the Federal government - with 10 a year.
- Employees accrue three weeks of vacation their first year of employment! That's 120 hours! You can carry over a max of 180 hours. These accruals increase at 5 year intervals.
- Employees also accrue paid sick leave every month.
- We also give employees personal days and floating holidays every year. (The amount does depend on when you start - but it's 2-4 extra days)
- We have paid maternity and paternity leave for the birth or adoption of a child.
- We have an orientation program for all new employees.
- We provide current software and up-to-date computer equipment to our staff.
- 24/7 internet accessible HR Intranet.
- Casual, yet focused work environment.
Every effort has been made to make this summary accurate, however, should any discrepancy occur between the summary provided and the plan documents, the plan documents will govern.