Web Design/Development Intern
Location: Washington, D.C.
Department: Marketing & Communications
OCEANA, an international organization focused solely on protecting the world’s oceans, is dedicated to achieving concrete in-the-water improvements in ocean health through science-based campaigns with clearly articulated goals. Our campaigns are led by teams of scientists, economists, lawyers, communications specialists and advocates.
We are seeking a web design/development intern for our marketing and communications team in our Washington, DC office. Join us and learn best practices for online communications, activism and fundraising while playing a part in protecting the world’s oceans.
Working closely with the Digital and Creative Services manager, you will be involved in:
- Creating compelling graphics for web and email.
- Creating and maintaining web pages through a content management system and static HTML/CSS.
- Optimizing landing pages, online action templates and email templates.
- Reporting on and analyzing data as it pertains to web and marketing campaign performance.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Above all else, a desire to make Oceana’s online presence as successful as possible.
- Strong skills with HTML and CSS.
- Experience creating graphics using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Curiosity in web statistics and how they translate to successful marketing and online activism campaigns.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Familiarity with a content management system.
- Knowledge of MySQL
- Experience with Keynote and/or PowerPoint
Oceana prefers that interns be available to work 40 hours per week. This is a three month position. Stipends are available. Oceana accepts interns who receive academic credit for their internship. Undergraduates, recent graduates, and graduate students are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should email their cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Web Design Intern. EOE/M/F/V/D