From the New Zealand News -- "Fisherman wins prize for slick way to save big birds":
Conservationists believe populations of 22 species of seabirds are declining, including 17 of the 21 species of albatross.
But Alex Aitken, a fisherman for 24 years based at Leigh, has discovered a simple, cheap and effective solution to the problem.
- Baby Sea Turtles Found to Make Noise to Coordinate Hatching Posted Mon, July 28, 2014
- Ocean News: African Penguin Language Decoded, Tiny Hydrozoans Bombarding the West Coast, and More Posted Fri, August 1, 2014
- Staff Spotlight: Jackie Savitz Posted Mon, July 28, 2014
- Spain Moves to Protect Four New Areas Outlined in the LIFE+ INDEMARES Project Posted Fri, August 1, 2014
- Ocean News: Cape Cod Embraces Shark Spottings, Rare White Southern Right Whale Calf Spotted off Australia, and More Posted Tue, July 29, 2014