Studies have shown that global warming is causing our oceans to become more acidic. This could make it much more diffcult for deep-sea coral reefs. Check out this blog entry by Jon Warrenchuk, Oceana's marine conservation coordinator based in Juneau: http://deepseanews.blogspot.com/2006/01/global-co2-emissions-threaten-deep-sea.html.
- Dolphins and Whales Squeal like Children When They’re Happy, Study Says Posted Thu, August 21, 2014
- Seaweed Spotlight: A Rare Glimpse into Beautiful Ocean Kelp Forests (Photos) Posted Mon, August 25, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Rare Blue Lobster Caught in Maine, Cephalopod Skin Providing Groundwork for New Technology, and More Posted Wed, August 27, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Vaquita Porpoise Needs Swift Protection, Atlantic Ocean behind Global Warming Slow Down, and More Posted Fri, August 22, 2014
- Oceana Magazine: Tuna in Trouble Posted Mon, August 25, 2014