Studies have shown that global warming is causing our oceans to become more acidic. This could make it much more diffcult for deep-sea coral reefs. Check out this blog entry by Jon Warrenchuk, Oceana's marine conservation coordinator based in Juneau: http://deepseanews.blogspot.com/2006/01/global-co2-emissions-threaten-deep-sea.html.
- Ocean Roundup: Dolphins Use Whistles as Names, Conservationists Call for Removal of Queensland Shark Nets, and More Posted Mon, November 24, 2014
- Creature Feature: Ocean Sunfish Posted Thu, November 20, 2014
- Oceana in Chile Submits Recommendations for Lowering Common Hake Catch Quotas Posted Mon, November 24, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Atlantic Bluefin Tuna Catch Quotas Raised, Kemp’s Ridley Turtles Stranding in High Numbers, and More Posted Wed, November 19, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Seals Can Pick up Pings from Acoustic Tags on Fish, Climate Change Making Crabs “Sluggish,” and More Posted Fri, November 21, 2014