Studies have shown that global warming is causing our oceans to become more acidic. This could make it much more diffcult for deep-sea coral reefs. Check out this blog entry by Jon Warrenchuk, Oceana's marine conservation coordinator based in Juneau: http://deepseanews.blogspot.com/2006/01/global-co2-emissions-threaten-deep-sea.html.
- U.S. Coast Guard Captures Illegal Fishermen in Texas Posted Tue, May 14, 2013
- Victory! Delaware Becomes Seventh State in U.S. to Ban Shark Fin Trade! Posted Thu, May 16, 2013
- It's Endangered Species Day! Posted Fri, May 17, 2013
- Stocks Show Signs of Recovery, But Still Work to Do Posted Fri, May 17, 2013
- What Do Historic CO2 Levels Mean for the Oceans? Posted Tue, May 14, 2013