Studies have shown that global warming is causing our oceans to become more acidic. This could make it much more diffcult for deep-sea coral reefs. Check out this blog entry by Jon Warrenchuk, Oceana's marine conservation coordinator based in Juneau: http://deepseanews.blogspot.com/2006/01/global-co2-emissions-threaten-deep-sea.html.
- Ocean News: New Maps Reveal Extent of Ocean Plastic, Florida Keys Launches Turtle Cam, and More Posted Wed, July 16, 2014
- Video: Oceana Exposes Illegal Drift Gillnet Use in Italy Posted Mon, July 21, 2014
- Video: Migratory 'Superhighway' Possibly Discovered Between Costa Rica and the Galapagos Posted Wed, July 16, 2014
- Ocean News: June 2014 Marked the Hottest on Record, Microplastics Worse for Crabs than Thought, and More Posted Tue, July 22, 2014
- Creature Feature: Ochre Sea Star Posted Wed, July 16, 2014