Here's your chance to listen to Oceana's guest blogger, Bruce Knecht, author of the book Hooked.
The Today Show's report on Hooked is going to air on May 24 between 8 and 9 a.m. Eastern. It's an unusually long taped segment that will be presented by Tom Brokaw. It will include some great dramatic footage from the boat chase described in Bruce's book. It will also feature Brokaw's interview with Bruce at the Fulton Fish Market, where they handled some very small (Tom called them babies) toothfish.
So , if you want to know more about the severely overfished Chilean seabass, aka toothfish, tune in to the Today Show on Wednesday morning.
- Ocean Roundup: Healthy Corals Mean More Sharks, Extinct Dolphin Found in Peruvian Desert, and More Posted Thu, September 11, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Shark-Eating Dinosaur Fossils Discovered, Germany Paving Way for Cheaper Wind Energy, and More Posted Mon, September 15, 2014
- Oceana Magazine: DiCaprio Funds Conservation Across the Entire Eastern Pacific Posted Thu, September 11, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Acidification Masking Shark Smelling Abilities, New Fishery Rule to Protect Endangered Albatross, and More Posted Wed, September 10, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Western Australia Recommended to Halt Shark Cull, Orca Pod Saves Member from Fishing Gear, and More Posted Fri, September 12, 2014