Here's your chance to listen to Oceana's guest blogger, Bruce Knecht, author of the book Hooked.
The Today Show's report on Hooked is going to air on May 24 between 8 and 9 a.m. Eastern. It's an unusually long taped segment that will be presented by Tom Brokaw. It will include some great dramatic footage from the boat chase described in Bruce's book. It will also feature Brokaw's interview with Bruce at the Fulton Fish Market, where they handled some very small (Tom called them babies) toothfish.
So , if you want to know more about the severely overfished Chilean seabass, aka toothfish, tune in to the Today Show on Wednesday morning.
- Ocean News: Nicaragua Dispatches Military to Protect Baby Turtles, New Zealand Bans Shark Finning, and More Posted Wed, August 20, 2014
- Dolphins and Whales Squeal like Children When They’re Happy, Study Says Posted Thu, August 21, 2014
- Photos: Leonardo DiCaprio, Other Celebs Fight for Our Oceans at Oceana’s SeaChange Party Posted Mon, August 18, 2014
- Offshore Wind Development Moves Closer to Reality in Maryland, North Carolina Thanks to BOEM Posted Wed, August 20, 2014
- Poll Update: Great White Sharks Win as the Fan Favorite (Photos) Posted Fri, August 15, 2014