G. Bruce Knecht is an award-winning Wall Street Journal reporter. His new book, Hooked: Pirates, Poaching and the Perfect Fish comes out in bookstores today and takes a close look at pirate fishing and how our taste for certain seafood, especially Chilean sea bass, have enormous consequences for the world around us. In the book, Bruce describes one of the longest pursuits in nautical history - Australian patrols chasing after an illegal fishing vessel named Viarsa. Viarsa's owner, Antonio Vidal, has long been associated with pirate fishing issues all over the world and Oceana has been working to bring a halt to his illegal fishing activities. He was recently arrested by US authorities in Miami.
Bruce has kindly agreed to write some blog entries about his book. Be on the lookout for them this week.
- CEO Note: Conservation Needs Strong International Trade Laws Posted Thu, December 5, 2013
- Creature Feature: Harp Seal Posted Mon, December 2, 2013
- Rashida Jones Talks Up Oceana and Belize on Jimmy Fallon Posted Tue, December 3, 2013
- Support Renewable Energy - Opinion in Florida's Sun Sentinel Posted Tue, December 3, 2013
- Creature Feature: Clownfish Posted Wed, December 4, 2013