More dolphins are turning up dead - this time on the shore's of Bulgaria's Black Sea. Bulgarian police have discovered 29 dead dolphins in a matter of two days, which brings the total of dolphin casualties to 56 within the last two weeks. These deaths have been attributed to entanglements in fishing nets. The Bulgarian government recently banned fishing with nets, but authorities expect to see more dolphin deaths before all nets are recovered. Read the story here.
- Victory! Delaware Becomes Seventh State in U.S. to Ban Shark Fin Trade! Posted Thu, May 16, 2013
- It's Endangered Species Day! Posted Fri, May 17, 2013
- Stocks Show Signs of Recovery, But Still Work to Do Posted Fri, May 17, 2013
- What Do Historic CO2 Levels Mean for the Oceans? Posted Tue, May 14, 2013
- U.S. Coast Guard Captures Illegal Fishermen in Texas Posted Tue, May 14, 2013