More dolphins are turning up dead - this time on the shore's of Bulgaria's Black Sea. Bulgarian police have discovered 29 dead dolphins in a matter of two days, which brings the total of dolphin casualties to 56 within the last two weeks. These deaths have been attributed to entanglements in fishing nets. The Bulgarian government recently banned fishing with nets, but authorities expect to see more dolphin deaths before all nets are recovered. Read the story here.
- Destructive Fishing Gear Kills 400K+ Seabirds per Year Posted Mon, June 17, 2013
- Oceana Explores the Baltic! Posted Tue, June 11, 2013
- Oceana's Michael LeVine Testifies Against a Reckless Offshore Oil Bill Posted Wed, June 12, 2013
- Puffins Are Struggling with Warming Waters Posted Thu, June 13, 2013
- Scottish Government Welcomes New Wind Subsidies! Posted Thu, June 13, 2013