Yes - it is a real thing. In 1992 World Ocean's Day was created at the Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro. It's an opportunity each year to celebrate the oceans and the wildlife that depend on them for survival. So blow out some candles - no, wait, dye some eggs. Er - scratch that. Ask for candy. Actually, all the good gimmicks are taken. Just send an e-card and show a little love for the oceans.
- Photos: Oceana Launches Expedition to El Hierro Island and Atlantic Seamounts Posted Thu, September 18, 2014
- High Level of Seafood Fraud Found in Denmark Posted Sat, September 20, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Shark-Eating Dinosaur Fossils Discovered, Germany Paving Way for Cheaper Wind Energy, and More Posted Mon, September 15, 2014
- Oceana Magazine: Arctic Assets Posted Thu, September 18, 2014
- CEO Note: Sperm Whales Left Unprotected from Drift Gillnets Posted Sun, September 21, 2014