After more than two months at sea, our catamaran - the Ranger - has documented dozens of illegal Italian driftnetters...and we've got the footage to prove it! Watch the video.
We've worked closely with the Italian Coast Guard and - thanks to our tips - many of these vessels have been arrested.
But Italians aren't the only ones using these massive illegal nets to scoop up fish and other creatures, like dolphins and whales. Now we're headed out to catch French driftnetters in the act. Stand by for more excitement from the Mediterranean.
- High Level of Seafood Fraud Found in Denmark Posted Sat, September 20, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Shark-Eating Dinosaur Fossils Discovered, Germany Paving Way for Cheaper Wind Energy, and More Posted Mon, September 15, 2014
- Oceana Magazine: Arctic Assets Posted Thu, September 18, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Leatherback Coloration May Play Important Role, UK Sees New Voluntary Seafood Labeling Scheme, and More Posted Wed, September 17, 2014
- Photos: On International Coastal Cleanup Day, Five Ways to Help the Oceans Posted Fri, September 19, 2014