After more than two months at sea, our catamaran - the Ranger - has documented dozens of illegal Italian driftnetters...and we've got the footage to prove it! Watch the video.
We've worked closely with the Italian Coast Guard and - thanks to our tips - many of these vessels have been arrested.
But Italians aren't the only ones using these massive illegal nets to scoop up fish and other creatures, like dolphins and whales. Now we're headed out to catch French driftnetters in the act. Stand by for more excitement from the Mediterranean.
- Obama Administration Approves Seismic Airgun Use off the Atlantic Coast In Spite of Local Opposition and Threats to Marine Life Posted Fri, July 18, 2014
- Ocean News: Green Sea Turtle Makes Longest Migration Ever Recorded, Small Oil Spill Found off of Italy, and More Posted Mon, July 21, 2014
- Oceana Urges Stakeholders to Rebuild Chile's Fisheries at International Seminar Posted Tue, July 15, 2014
- North Atlantic Great White Sharks are Rebounding, but that’s Not the Case for All Species Posted Mon, July 21, 2014
- Ocean News: New Maps Reveal Extent of Ocean Plastic, Florida Keys Launches Turtle Cam, and More Posted Wed, July 16, 2014