Last week, USA Today's Nick Jans reported on the triple ocean victory in the last four months - three closures of federal waters totaling an area twice the size of Texas. Nick wonders how the largest act of conservation in our nation's history could have slipped below our collective radar screens. Don't blame us, Nick. We issued press releases, e-mailed our supporters and I even blogged about it. Twice.
Since other news agencies treated the victories as "snoozers," Nick took it upon himself to emphasize the importance of these closures, and the threats still facing our oceans in this succinct yet informative article. Thanks, Nick.
- Arctic Sea Ice Found to Play Bigger Role in Global Carbon Cycle Than Assumed, Study Says Posted Tue, September 30, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Gulf Businesses Won’t Return BP Payouts, Whales May Have More than One Spleen, and More Posted Fri, September 26, 2014
- Creature Feature: Leatherback Sea Turtle Posted Mon, September 29, 2014
- Video: Scuba Divers Rescue Entangled Manta Ray from Fishing Line Posted Wed, September 24, 2014
- Video: Leonardo DiCaprio Speaks up for the Planet at UN Climate Summit Posted Fri, September 26, 2014