Last week, USA Today's Nick Jans reported on the triple ocean victory in the last four months - three closures of federal waters totaling an area twice the size of Texas. Nick wonders how the largest act of conservation in our nation's history could have slipped below our collective radar screens. Don't blame us, Nick. We issued press releases, e-mailed our supporters and I even blogged about it. Twice.
Since other news agencies treated the victories as "snoozers," Nick took it upon himself to emphasize the importance of these closures, and the threats still facing our oceans in this succinct yet informative article. Thanks, Nick.
- Happy Halloween! Meet the Ocean Animals in Costume All Year (Photos) Posted Fri, October 31, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Penguin Chick Survivorship Influenced by Weather, Norway Cuts Seal Hunting Subsidies, and More Posted Tue, October 28, 2014
- Graphics: New Oceana Study Finds Shrimp Misrepresented in the U.S. Posted Thu, October 30, 2014
- Uncovering Shrimp Seafood Fraud: Diaries from the Field, Part One Posted Fri, October 31, 2014
- Celebrate National Seafood Month with This Sustainable Recipe: Diver Scallops Posted Wed, October 29, 2014