The Shifting Baselines Ocean Media Project announced the top three winners of its inaugural SB FLIX Contest which included submissions from some 70 would-be Hollywood filmmakers with a passion for ocean conservation.
In a contest that called for creativity, energy, and different perspectives, "What's With the Water," a piece on water pollution took first place. "Your Dinner," a video about water contamination took second, while "Ocean War," about the Bush Administration's role in ocean pollution rounded off the list at third.
>> Check it out!
Shifting Baselines, now four years old, is a partnership between Hollywood and ocean conservation to develop new and innovative ways to communicate the severity of ocean decline.
Click here to see some videos Oceana has put together that highlight threats facing our oceans.
- Ocean News: Green Sea Turtle Makes Longest Migration Ever Recorded, Small Oil Spill Found off of Italy, and More Posted Mon, July 21, 2014
- Ocean News: Blue Whale “Hot Spots” Linked with Busy Shipping Lanes, Massachusetts Bans Shark Fin Trade, and More Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- North Atlantic Great White Sharks are Rebounding, but that’s Not the Case for All Species Posted Mon, July 21, 2014
- Massachusetts Takes a Step Forward For Sharks Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Video: Oceana Exposes Illegal Drift Gillnet Use in Italy Posted Mon, July 21, 2014