The Shifting Baselines Ocean Media Project announced the top three winners of its inaugural SB FLIX Contest which included submissions from some 70 would-be Hollywood filmmakers with a passion for ocean conservation.
In a contest that called for creativity, energy, and different perspectives, "What's With the Water," a piece on water pollution took first place. "Your Dinner," a video about water contamination took second, while "Ocean War," about the Bush Administration's role in ocean pollution rounded off the list at third.
>> Check it out!
Shifting Baselines, now four years old, is a partnership between Hollywood and ocean conservation to develop new and innovative ways to communicate the severity of ocean decline.
Click here to see some videos Oceana has put together that highlight threats facing our oceans.
- Ocean Roundup: Humpback Whales Communicate to Feed at Night, Bangladesh Oil Spill Threatening Sundarbans Mangroves, and More Posted Wed, December 17, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Filefish Use Chemical Scent to Camouflage, Bangladesh Oil Spill Threatening Endangered Dolphins, and More Posted Mon, December 15, 2014
- Act: GrubHub, Take Shark Fin Off the Menu! Posted Wed, December 17, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Humpback Whales Frequenting New York City Waters, Oceans House Over 5 Trillion Plastic Pieces, and More Posted Thu, December 11, 2014
- Western Atlantic Bluefin Tuna Gain New Protections Posted Mon, December 15, 2014