The Shifting Baselines Ocean Media Project announced the top three winners of its inaugural SB FLIX Contest which included submissions from some 70 would-be Hollywood filmmakers with a passion for ocean conservation.
In a contest that called for creativity, energy, and different perspectives, "What's With the Water," a piece on water pollution took first place. "Your Dinner," a video about water contamination took second, while "Ocean War," about the Bush Administration's role in ocean pollution rounded off the list at third.
>> Check it out!
Shifting Baselines, now four years old, is a partnership between Hollywood and ocean conservation to develop new and innovative ways to communicate the severity of ocean decline.
Click here to see some videos Oceana has put together that highlight threats facing our oceans.
- CEO Note: Another Chlorine Plant Goes Mercury-Free Posted Thu, July 17, 2014
- Eleven Florida Lawmakers Urge President Obama to Reconsider Approval for Seismic Airgun Testing Posted Wed, July 23, 2014
- Ocean News: U.S. to Auction Off New Jersey Area for Offshore Wind, Baby Sea Turtles Found to Make Noises, and More Posted Fri, July 18, 2014
- Video: Spangled Emperor Fish Dazzle the Great Barrier Reef Posted Wed, July 23, 2014
- Marine Mammal Unusual Mortality Events Get the Spotlight on Capitol Hill Posted Fri, July 18, 2014