The Shifting Baselines Ocean Media Project announced the top three winners of its inaugural SB FLIX Contest which included submissions from some 70 would-be Hollywood filmmakers with a passion for ocean conservation.
In a contest that called for creativity, energy, and different perspectives, "What's With the Water," a piece on water pollution took first place. "Your Dinner," a video about water contamination took second, while "Ocean War," about the Bush Administration's role in ocean pollution rounded off the list at third.
>> Check it out!
Shifting Baselines, now four years old, is a partnership between Hollywood and ocean conservation to develop new and innovative ways to communicate the severity of ocean decline.
Click here to see some videos Oceana has put together that highlight threats facing our oceans.
- Arctic Sea Ice Found to Play Bigger Role in Global Carbon Cycle Than Assumed, Study Says Posted Tue, September 30, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Gulf Businesses Won’t Return BP Payouts, Whales May Have More than One Spleen, and More Posted Fri, September 26, 2014
- Creature Feature: Leatherback Sea Turtle Posted Mon, September 29, 2014
- Video: Scuba Divers Rescue Entangled Manta Ray from Fishing Line Posted Wed, September 24, 2014
- Video: Leonardo DiCaprio Speaks up for the Planet at UN Climate Summit Posted Fri, September 26, 2014