The Shifting Baselines Ocean Media Project announced the top three winners of its inaugural SB FLIX Contest which included submissions from some 70 would-be Hollywood filmmakers with a passion for ocean conservation.
In a contest that called for creativity, energy, and different perspectives, "What's With the Water," a piece on water pollution took first place. "Your Dinner," a video about water contamination took second, while "Ocean War," about the Bush Administration's role in ocean pollution rounded off the list at third.
>> Check it out!
Shifting Baselines, now four years old, is a partnership between Hollywood and ocean conservation to develop new and innovative ways to communicate the severity of ocean decline.
Click here to see some videos Oceana has put together that highlight threats facing our oceans.
- Bycatch Spotlight: One of the Biggest Issues Facing Sharks Today Posted Thu, August 14, 2014
- New Report Touts Economic Benefits of Seafood Traceability Posted Mon, August 18, 2014
- Ocean News: Nicaragua Dispatches Military to Protect Baby Turtles, New Zealand Bans Shark Finning, and More Posted Wed, August 20, 2014
- Dusky’s Big Adventure, Day 5: Dusky Asks for Help to Complete His Bucket List Posted Thu, August 14, 2014
- Photos: Leonardo DiCaprio, Other Celebs Fight for Our Oceans at Oceana’s SeaChange Party Posted Mon, August 18, 2014