Residents of Augusta, Ga. speak out against the mercury-emitting Olin company. Follow this link!
The FDA has issued a consumer warning for pregnant mothers and small children: Mercury is proven to cause neurological damage in still-developing brains.
Eating fish is extremely healthy and perfectly fine so long as it's sustainable and the species' fisheries are well-managed. And like anything else it's good to be sure that it's safe from a health perspective ... so heed FDA warnings!
- Photos: Oceana Launches Expedition to El Hierro Island and Atlantic Seamounts Posted Thu, September 18, 2014
- High Level of Seafood Fraud Found in Denmark Posted Sat, September 20, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Shark-Eating Dinosaur Fossils Discovered, Germany Paving Way for Cheaper Wind Energy, and More Posted Mon, September 15, 2014
- Oceana Magazine: Arctic Assets Posted Thu, September 18, 2014
- CEO Note: Sperm Whales Left Unprotected from Drift Gillnets Posted Sun, September 21, 2014