Residents of Augusta, Ga. speak out against the mercury-emitting Olin company. Follow this link!
The FDA has issued a consumer warning for pregnant mothers and small children: Mercury is proven to cause neurological damage in still-developing brains.
Eating fish is extremely healthy and perfectly fine so long as it's sustainable and the species' fisheries are well-managed. And like anything else it's good to be sure that it's safe from a health perspective ... so heed FDA warnings!
- Ocean News: Regulators Propose Whale Sanctuary in the Canary Islands, Harbor Seals Found to Forage around Wind Farms, and More Posted Thu, July 24, 2014
- Ocean News: Climate Change Threatens Red Knots, Pacific Island Leaders Meet to Discuss Ocean Conservation, and More Posted Wed, July 30, 2014
- Photos: A Look at Some of the Ocean’s Most Beautiful Tentacles Posted Thu, July 24, 2014
- Ocean News: Blue Whale “Hot Spots” Linked with Busy Shipping Lanes, Massachusetts Bans Shark Fin Trade, and More Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Massachusetts Takes a Step Forward For Sharks Posted Fri, July 25, 2014