Residents of Augusta, Ga. speak out against the mercury-emitting Olin company. Follow this link!
The FDA has issued a consumer warning for pregnant mothers and small children: Mercury is proven to cause neurological damage in still-developing brains.
Eating fish is extremely healthy and perfectly fine so long as it's sustainable and the species' fisheries are well-managed. And like anything else it's good to be sure that it's safe from a health perspective ... so heed FDA warnings!
- Ocean Roundup: Deep Sea Sediments Act as Microplastic Sinks, Risso’s Dolphins Stranding in High Numbers, and More Posted Thu, December 18, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Task Force Releases Recommendations on Seafood Fraud, Sea Otters Critical to Healthy Marshes, and More Posted Tue, December 16, 2014
- Video: Drone Captures Amazing Humpback Whale Feeding Event on Camera Posted Thu, December 18, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: UN Urges Mangrove Protection, Warming Pacific Waters Could Unlock Layer of Methane, and More Posted Fri, December 12, 2014
- Presidential Task Force Releases Bold Recommendations for Tackling Seafood Fraud and Illegal Fishing Posted Tue, December 16, 2014