Unless you've lived under a rock for the last year or so, you're probably quite aware of the increasing green presence in Hollywood, and I'm not talking money.
Celebrities are rolling up to awards ceremonies in eco-friendly vehicles as opposed to the traditional stretch Hummer limousine entourages of years past. They're outfitting their sprawling estates with solar panels and opting for lifestyles that are less abusive to the environment.
At the front of the celebrity pack is actor and activist Leonardo DiCaprio, who's been advocating for the environment ever since he gave his first donation to a "save the manatees" foundation as a young boy.
Leo's feature length documentary, The 11th Hour, concerning the environmental crisis caused by human actions and their impact on the planet hits theaters next month.
- Oceana’s New Report Highlights Uses, Benefits of Global Fishing Watch Technology Posted Mon, November 17, 2014
- Video: Humpback Whales Cause Quite the Surprise As They Hunt for Herring Posted Wed, November 19, 2014
- On World Fisheries Day, A Look at Oceana’s Work to Create Sustainable Fisheries (Photos) Posted Fri, November 21, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Humpback Whale Scars Can Reveal Migration Patterns, Sea Star Die-Offs Linked to Virus, and More Posted Tue, November 18, 2014
- Extroverted Sharks and Stressed Penguins: Uncovering Personality in Ocean Animals Posted Wed, November 19, 2014