Unless you've lived under a rock for the last year or so, you're probably quite aware of the increasing green presence in Hollywood, and I'm not talking money.
Celebrities are rolling up to awards ceremonies in eco-friendly vehicles as opposed to the traditional stretch Hummer limousine entourages of years past. They're outfitting their sprawling estates with solar panels and opting for lifestyles that are less abusive to the environment.
At the front of the celebrity pack is actor and activist Leonardo DiCaprio, who's been advocating for the environment ever since he gave his first donation to a "save the manatees" foundation as a young boy.
Leo's feature length documentary, The 11th Hour, concerning the environmental crisis caused by human actions and their impact on the planet hits theaters next month.
- Video: Oceana Exposes Illegal Drift Gillnet Use in Italy Posted Mon, July 21, 2014
- Ocean News: June 2014 Marked the Hottest on Record, Microplastics Worse for Crabs than Thought, and More Posted Tue, July 22, 2014
- Creature Feature: Ochre Sea Star Posted Wed, July 16, 2014
- Tackling Illegal Fishing in Italy: Behind the Scenes Posted Tue, July 22, 2014
- Ocean News: Whale Sharks Visiting Azore Islands More Frequently, Volunteers Help Disabled Sea Turtle Nest, and More Posted Thu, July 17, 2014