Brazilian fishermen were caught on video suffocating not just one or two, but 83 dolphins, then piling them on the boat deck.
And what's more, they were laughing about it and joking about getting jail time. Who does that?
That's even worse than Japanese fishermen hording dolphins into enclosed waters and slaughtering them by the thousands for their meat. At the very least, they eat the catch in Japan.
Brazilians are grinding dolphin genitals into powder, which is thought to make men more virile. It doesn't.
Dolphins are extremely social and highly intelligent creatures, and many species are in trouble. People should respect that.
- Chile Cancels September Crustacean Trawl to Protect Common Hake Posted Tue, August 26, 2014
- A Summer Reading List for Ocean Lovers: Ten Books to Read before Summer Ends Posted Thu, August 21, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Methane Seeping from U.S. Atlantic Seafloor, Iceland’s Caught Scores of Endangered Fin Whales, and More Posted Mon, August 25, 2014
- Ocean News: Nicaragua Dispatches Military to Protect Baby Turtles, New Zealand Bans Shark Finning, and More Posted Wed, August 20, 2014
- Creature Feature: Barnacles Posted Tue, August 26, 2014