Brazilian fishermen were caught on video suffocating not just one or two, but 83 dolphins, then piling them on the boat deck.
And what's more, they were laughing about it and joking about getting jail time. Who does that?
That's even worse than Japanese fishermen hording dolphins into enclosed waters and slaughtering them by the thousands for their meat. At the very least, they eat the catch in Japan.
Brazilians are grinding dolphin genitals into powder, which is thought to make men more virile. It doesn't.
Dolphins are extremely social and highly intelligent creatures, and many species are in trouble. People should respect that.
- Impacts of Climate Change on Highly Migratory Species Prioritized in NMFS Management Plan Posted Tue, July 29, 2014
- Ocean News: Climate Change Threatens Red Knots, Pacific Island Leaders Meet to Discuss Ocean Conservation, and More Posted Wed, July 30, 2014
- Deceptive Crab Mislabeling Leads Members of Congress to Call for Action Posted Wed, July 30, 2014
- Ocean News: Blue Whale “Hot Spots” Linked with Busy Shipping Lanes, Massachusetts Bans Shark Fin Trade, and More Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Creature Feature: Caribbean Spiny Lobster Posted Wed, July 30, 2014