Brazilian fishermen were caught on video suffocating not just one or two, but 83 dolphins, then piling them on the boat deck.
And what's more, they were laughing about it and joking about getting jail time. Who does that?
That's even worse than Japanese fishermen hording dolphins into enclosed waters and slaughtering them by the thousands for their meat. At the very least, they eat the catch in Japan.
Brazilians are grinding dolphin genitals into powder, which is thought to make men more virile. It doesn't.
Dolphins are extremely social and highly intelligent creatures, and many species are in trouble. People should respect that.
- Oceana Provides Common Hake Recovery Plan to Chilean Government Posted Wed, September 17, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Gulf of Mexico Sharks are Shrinking, Caribbean Reefs Capable of Being Saved, and More Posted Fri, September 19, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Tiny Clownfish Can Swim for 250 Miles, Sydney Harbor May Turn Tropical, and More Posted Thu, September 18, 2014
- Congress Advances Legislation to Fight Pirate Fishing, Keep Illegally-Caught Seafood Out of U.S. Market Posted Fri, September 19, 2014
- Sharks and Rays Gain International Protection under CITES Listing Posted Sun, September 14, 2014