Brazilian fishermen were caught on video suffocating not just one or two, but 83 dolphins, then piling them on the boat deck.
And what's more, they were laughing about it and joking about getting jail time. Who does that?
That's even worse than Japanese fishermen hording dolphins into enclosed waters and slaughtering them by the thousands for their meat. At the very least, they eat the catch in Japan.
Brazilians are grinding dolphin genitals into powder, which is thought to make men more virile. It doesn't.
Dolphins are extremely social and highly intelligent creatures, and many species are in trouble. People should respect that.
- Meet a Tiny Crab Species That’s Not into Long-Term Relationships Posted Sat, September 27, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Blue Crabs Keeping Invasive Green Crabs in Line, Sargasso Sea Less Biodiverse than in Previous Years, and More Posted Wed, September 24, 2014
- Video: Rare Blue Whale Footage Captured Off California Posted Tue, September 30, 2014
- Will EU Member States Live Up To Their Common Fisheries Policy Commitments? Posted Thu, September 25, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Sand Tiger Shark Embryos Found to Eat Each Other, Wind Turbines Could Weaken Hurricane Intensity, and More Posted Mon, September 29, 2014