These aggressive predators are able to change their eating habits to suit their environment and have since been eating all the hake, a white fish often used for fish sticks. One guess as to why this squid species is showing up again in record numbers: Its natural predators are on the decline because of commercial fishing activities.
- It's Endangered Species Day! Posted Fri, May 17, 2013
- Stocks Show Signs of Recovery, But Still Work to Do Posted Fri, May 17, 2013
- Disabled Killer Whale Survives with Help from Its Pod Posted Tue, May 21, 2013
- Oceana CEO Andy Sharpless Discusses His New Book, The Perfect Protein Posted Wed, May 22, 2013
- Happy World Turtle Day! Posted Thu, May 23, 2013