These aggressive predators are able to change their eating habits to suit their environment and have since been eating all the hake, a white fish often used for fish sticks. One guess as to why this squid species is showing up again in record numbers: Its natural predators are on the decline because of commercial fishing activities.
- A Big Day for Little Fish Posted Fri, April 11, 2014
- Reducing Bycatch Casualties, One Whale at a Time Posted Mon, April 14, 2014
- New York, the New Windy City? Posted Mon, April 14, 2014
- Drill, Spill, Repeat: Shining a Light on the BP Gulf Disaster 4 Years Later Posted Tue, April 15, 2014
- Hands Across the Sand Posted Wed, April 16, 2014