Authorities will consider pursuing federal charges against the California man who allegedly stabbed a sea lion after the animal ate the bait from his fishing pole.
Good. I hope they throw the book at him.
I mean really, who stabs a sea lion in the first place? And all because the sea lion was looking for a snack and found it dangling off the end of a stick?
- Photos: Oceana Launches Expedition to El Hierro Island and Atlantic Seamounts Posted Thu, September 18, 2014
- High Level of Seafood Fraud Found in Denmark Posted Sat, September 20, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Shark-Eating Dinosaur Fossils Discovered, Germany Paving Way for Cheaper Wind Energy, and More Posted Mon, September 15, 2014
- Oceana Magazine: Arctic Assets Posted Thu, September 18, 2014
- CEO Note: Sperm Whales Left Unprotected from Drift Gillnets Posted Sun, September 21, 2014