For those who think they can't make a change in the condition of our oceans by holding their breath, talk to world champion breath-hold diver Martin Stepanek and his teammate Niki Roderick.
The two have partnered with Oceana as they prepare for separate world record freediving attempts at the Sony Free competition going on this week in Egypt.
As divers, both have witnessed the effects of bottom trawling on coral reefs and its impact on marine wildlife, and they're hoping to use their notoriety in the dive world to show the landlubbers and ocean lovers alike that there's a whole other world below the surface that needs our help.
- Victory! Delaware Becomes Seventh State in U.S. to Ban Shark Fin Trade! Posted Thu, May 16, 2013
- It's Endangered Species Day! Posted Fri, May 17, 2013
- Stocks Show Signs of Recovery, But Still Work to Do Posted Fri, May 17, 2013
- Disabled Killer Whale Survives with Help from Its Pod Posted Tue, May 21, 2013
- Oceana CEO Andy Sharpless Discusses His New Book, The Perfect Protein Posted Wed, May 22, 2013