Ah, the mysteries of the sea. I've been using this pet phrase a lot lately, what with the recent Ranger discovery of a carnivorous sponge off the coast of Spain, not to mention the carcass of a giant squid that washed up on a remote Aussie shore a few weeks back.
With oceans so vast and still so uncharted, one can never tell what will wash up next.
So somehow I wasn't surprised to hear an 8-foot-tall Lego man was pulled from the surf and placed on the sands of a Dutch beach. No one knows where he came from or where he was going, but the smiling, yellow-faced plastic man (similar to the one pictured here, but bigger) is resting easy after his big adventure on the high seas.
- Creature Feature: Harp Seal Posted Mon, December 2, 2013
- Rashida Jones Talks Up Oceana and Belize on Jimmy Fallon Posted Tue, December 3, 2013
- Support Renewable Energy - Opinion in Florida's Sun Sentinel Posted Tue, December 3, 2013
- Creature Feature: Clownfish Posted Wed, December 4, 2013
- CEO Note: Conservation Needs Strong International Trade Laws Posted Thu, December 5, 2013