Ah, the mysteries of the sea. I've been using this pet phrase a lot lately, what with the recent Ranger discovery of a carnivorous sponge off the coast of Spain, not to mention the carcass of a giant squid that washed up on a remote Aussie shore a few weeks back.
With oceans so vast and still so uncharted, one can never tell what will wash up next.
So somehow I wasn't surprised to hear an 8-foot-tall Lego man was pulled from the surf and placed on the sands of a Dutch beach. No one knows where he came from or where he was going, but the smiling, yellow-faced plastic man (similar to the one pictured here, but bigger) is resting easy after his big adventure on the high seas.
- Brunei Becomes First Asian Country to Ban Shark Finning! Posted Tue, June 18, 2013
- National Aquarium Gives a Fresh Approach to Combating Seafood Fraud Posted Wed, June 19, 2013
- Puffins Are Struggling with Warming Waters Posted Thu, June 13, 2013
- Scottish Government Welcomes New Wind Subsidies! Posted Thu, June 13, 2013
- Oceana Testifies in Support of MA Seafood Labeling Bills Posted Fri, June 14, 2013