Ah, the mysteries of the sea. I've been using this pet phrase a lot lately, what with the recent Ranger discovery of a carnivorous sponge off the coast of Spain, not to mention the carcass of a giant squid that washed up on a remote Aussie shore a few weeks back.
With oceans so vast and still so uncharted, one can never tell what will wash up next.
So somehow I wasn't surprised to hear an 8-foot-tall Lego man was pulled from the surf and placed on the sands of a Dutch beach. No one knows where he came from or where he was going, but the smiling, yellow-faced plastic man (similar to the one pictured here, but bigger) is resting easy after his big adventure on the high seas.
- Happy Halloween! Meet the Ocean Animals in Costume All Year (Photos) Posted Fri, October 31, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Penguin Chick Survivorship Influenced by Weather, Norway Cuts Seal Hunting Subsidies, and More Posted Tue, October 28, 2014
- Graphics: New Oceana Study Finds Shrimp Misrepresented in the U.S. Posted Thu, October 30, 2014
- Uncovering Shrimp Seafood Fraud: Diaries from the Field, Part One Posted Fri, October 31, 2014
- Celebrate National Seafood Month with This Sustainable Recipe: Diver Scallops Posted Wed, October 29, 2014