County officials in Broward, Florida anticipate becoming the first in the country to combine tiny crushed particles of glass with regular sand to help combat critical erosion along 24 miles of coast.
So if it feels just like you're walking on broken glass, well, you are.
The glass particles are so small, though, that beachgoers won't even notice, and other beaches around the globe are already testing the measure.
- Chilean Salmon Industry Found to Use Highest Amount of Antibiotics Worldwide Posted Tue, July 22, 2014
- Staff Spotlight: Jackie Savitz Posted Mon, July 28, 2014
- Ocean News: Great Barrier Reef Will be “Pretty Ugly” by 2050, Sea Turtle Nests Down in South Carolina, and More Posted Wed, July 23, 2014
- Eleven Florida Lawmakers Urge President Obama to Reconsider Approval for Seismic Airgun Testing Posted Wed, July 23, 2014
- Video: Spangled Emperor Fish Dazzle the Great Barrier Reef Posted Wed, July 23, 2014