County officials in Broward, Florida anticipate becoming the first in the country to combine tiny crushed particles of glass with regular sand to help combat critical erosion along 24 miles of coast.
So if it feels just like you're walking on broken glass, well, you are.
The glass particles are so small, though, that beachgoers won't even notice, and other beaches around the globe are already testing the measure.
- Sea Turtles Can Get the Bends after Capture in Fishing Gear, Says New Study Posted Tue, November 25, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: North Atlantic Right Whales Calving in Southeast, New Shark Repellent Tested in South Africa, and More Posted Thu, November 20, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Dolphins Use Whistles as Names, Conservationists Call for Removal of Queensland Shark Nets, and More Posted Mon, November 24, 2014
- Creature Feature: Ocean Sunfish Posted Thu, November 20, 2014
- Oceana in Chile Submits Recommendations for Lowering Common Hake Catch Quotas Posted Mon, November 24, 2014