I never thought I'd say it, but Courtney Love actually has a point.
The widow of grunge icon Kurt Cobain and former front-woman of rock band Hole reveals in the upcoming issue of Harper's Bazaar that a diet heavy in fish contributed to her recent 50-pound weight loss.
So long as it's a sustainable species, that is, that fisheries are well managed and populations are not under pressure, eating fish is fine - healthier than other meats and packed full of Omega-3, which I hear is important.
Lucky for us all, Oceana has a handy dandy seafood guide that makes seafood decisions all the easier - it makes a splash at dinner parties, too, let me tell ya!
As to Love's retort, claiming Hollywood celebs who swear by a nothing-but-fish-and-broccoli diet are nothing but "bulimic liars," well, no one ever asserted a fishy diet has the power to turn crass into class.
It's healthier, yeah, but it's not magic.
- Disabled Killer Whale Survives with Help from Its Pod Posted Tue, May 21, 2013
- Oceana CEO Andy Sharpless Discusses His New Book, The Perfect Protein Posted Wed, May 22, 2013
- Victory! Delaware Becomes Seventh State in U.S. to Ban Shark Fin Trade! Posted Thu, May 16, 2013
- It's Endangered Species Day! Posted Fri, May 17, 2013
- Stocks Show Signs of Recovery, But Still Work to Do Posted Fri, May 17, 2013