I never thought I'd say it, but Courtney Love actually has a point.
The widow of grunge icon Kurt Cobain and former front-woman of rock band Hole reveals in the upcoming issue of Harper's Bazaar that a diet heavy in fish contributed to her recent 50-pound weight loss.
So long as it's a sustainable species, that is, that fisheries are well managed and populations are not under pressure, eating fish is fine - healthier than other meats and packed full of Omega-3, which I hear is important.
Lucky for us all, Oceana has a handy dandy seafood guide that makes seafood decisions all the easier - it makes a splash at dinner parties, too, let me tell ya!
As to Love's retort, claiming Hollywood celebs who swear by a nothing-but-fish-and-broccoli diet are nothing but "bulimic liars," well, no one ever asserted a fishy diet has the power to turn crass into class.
It's healthier, yeah, but it's not magic.
- Coast Guard Report Raises More Questions for Shell and Government Posted Wed, April 9, 2014
- A Big Day for Little Fish Posted Fri, April 11, 2014
- Reducing Bycatch Casualties, One Whale at a Time Posted Mon, April 14, 2014
- New York, the New Windy City? Posted Mon, April 14, 2014
- Drill, Spill, Repeat: Shining a Light on the BP Gulf Disaster 4 Years Later Posted Tue, April 15, 2014