I never thought I'd say it, but Courtney Love actually has a point.
The widow of grunge icon Kurt Cobain and former front-woman of rock band Hole reveals in the upcoming issue of Harper's Bazaar that a diet heavy in fish contributed to her recent 50-pound weight loss.
So long as it's a sustainable species, that is, that fisheries are well managed and populations are not under pressure, eating fish is fine - healthier than other meats and packed full of Omega-3, which I hear is important.
Lucky for us all, Oceana has a handy dandy seafood guide that makes seafood decisions all the easier - it makes a splash at dinner parties, too, let me tell ya!
As to Love's retort, claiming Hollywood celebs who swear by a nothing-but-fish-and-broccoli diet are nothing but "bulimic liars," well, no one ever asserted a fishy diet has the power to turn crass into class.
It's healthier, yeah, but it's not magic.
- Stand Up for the Deep Posted Wed, December 11, 2013
- Creature Feature: Clownfish Posted Wed, December 4, 2013
- CEO Note: Conservation Needs Strong International Trade Laws Posted Thu, December 5, 2013
- Creature Feature: Atlantic Puffin Posted Fri, December 6, 2013
- Creature Feature: Polar Bear Posted Mon, December 9, 2013