I never thought I'd say it, but Courtney Love actually has a point.
The widow of grunge icon Kurt Cobain and former front-woman of rock band Hole reveals in the upcoming issue of Harper's Bazaar that a diet heavy in fish contributed to her recent 50-pound weight loss.
So long as it's a sustainable species, that is, that fisheries are well managed and populations are not under pressure, eating fish is fine - healthier than other meats and packed full of Omega-3, which I hear is important.
Lucky for us all, Oceana has a handy dandy seafood guide that makes seafood decisions all the easier - it makes a splash at dinner parties, too, let me tell ya!
As to Love's retort, claiming Hollywood celebs who swear by a nothing-but-fish-and-broccoli diet are nothing but "bulimic liars," well, no one ever asserted a fishy diet has the power to turn crass into class.
It's healthier, yeah, but it's not magic.
- Eleven Florida Lawmakers Urge President Obama to Reconsider Approval for Seismic Airgun Testing Posted Wed, July 23, 2014
- No-Take Zones in Belize Could Rebuild Conch, Lobster, and Grouper Populations Posted Tue, July 29, 2014
- Video: Spangled Emperor Fish Dazzle the Great Barrier Reef Posted Wed, July 23, 2014
- Ocean News: Regulators Propose Whale Sanctuary in the Canary Islands, Harbor Seals Found to Forage around Wind Farms, and More Posted Thu, July 24, 2014
- Photos: A Look at Some of the Ocean’s Most Beautiful Tentacles Posted Thu, July 24, 2014