The ketch catamaran's remote operating vehicle recorded images of whales, sea turtles, swordfish, sunfish, eels, corals and even a little-known species called the sharpnose sevengill shark.
Thankfully, this pelagic hotspot is so coarse and rocky that it's nearly impossible for bottom trawlers to dredge up. Not completely untouched, though, Oceana crew also detected garbage and abandoned fishing tackle.
- Ignoring Climate Change Puts Our Way of Life in Jeopardy Posted Wed, April 9, 2014
- Coast Guard Report Raises More Questions for Shell and Government Posted Wed, April 9, 2014
- A Big Day for Little Fish Posted Fri, April 11, 2014
- Reducing Bycatch Casualties, One Whale at a Time Posted Mon, April 14, 2014
- New York, the New Windy City? Posted Mon, April 14, 2014