The ketch catamaran's remote operating vehicle recorded images of whales, sea turtles, swordfish, sunfish, eels, corals and even a little-known species called the sharpnose sevengill shark.
Thankfully, this pelagic hotspot is so coarse and rocky that it's nearly impossible for bottom trawlers to dredge up. Not completely untouched, though, Oceana crew also detected garbage and abandoned fishing tackle.
- Puffins Are Struggling with Warming Waters Posted Thu, June 13, 2013
- Scottish Government Welcomes New Wind Subsidies! Posted Thu, June 13, 2013
- Oceana Testifies in Support of MA Seafood Labeling Bills Posted Fri, June 14, 2013
- Meet the Faces of the Ocean Hero Junior Awards! Posted Fri, June 14, 2013
- Destructive Fishing Gear Kills 400K+ Seabirds per Year Posted Mon, June 17, 2013