The biggest thing to hit the beaches since Pamela Anderson joined the cast of Baywatch has more hair on his chest than David Hasselhoff and more spring in his step than ... wait, who else was on that show?
His name is Bilbo. You'll be thankful to know he doesn't perform CPR, though you'll have to overlook the fact that his swim stroke is more like a doggie paddle.
That's because Bilbo is a dog, a specially trained dog at that, put to work by British lifeguards in Cornwall to prevent ocean goers from entering the surf when the current's too strong.
Bilbo is reportedly perfecting his slow-motion beach run and hopes to take it his act Hollywood. A talk with Hasselhoff is in the works.
- Ocean Roundup: Fiddler Crabs Found Far North of Their Range, 500 Dead Sea Lions Discovered in Peru, and More Posted Tue, November 25, 2014
- Sea Turtles Can Get the Bends after Capture in Fishing Gear, Says New Study Posted Tue, November 25, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Dolphins Use Whistles as Names, Conservationists Call for Removal of Queensland Shark Nets, and More Posted Mon, November 24, 2014
- ICCAT Moves to Properly Manage Bluefin Tuna, but Doesn’t Take Action for Sharks and Swordfish Posted Wed, November 26, 2014
- Oceana in Chile Submits Recommendations for Lowering Common Hake Catch Quotas Posted Mon, November 24, 2014