The biggest thing to hit the beaches since Pamela Anderson joined the cast of Baywatch has more hair on his chest than David Hasselhoff and more spring in his step than ... wait, who else was on that show?
His name is Bilbo. You'll be thankful to know he doesn't perform CPR, though you'll have to overlook the fact that his swim stroke is more like a doggie paddle.
That's because Bilbo is a dog, a specially trained dog at that, put to work by British lifeguards in Cornwall to prevent ocean goers from entering the surf when the current's too strong.
Bilbo is reportedly perfecting his slow-motion beach run and hopes to take it his act Hollywood. A talk with Hasselhoff is in the works.
- Photos: Leonardo DiCaprio, Other Celebs Fight for Our Oceans at Oceana’s SeaChange Party Posted Mon, August 18, 2014
- Offshore Wind Development Moves Closer to Reality in Maryland, North Carolina Thanks to BOEM Posted Wed, August 20, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Vaquita Porpoise Needs Swift Protection, Atlantic Ocean behind Global Warming Slow Down, and More Posted Fri, August 22, 2014
- Ocean News: Barbuda Becomes Ocean Conservation Leader in the Caribbean, July Ocean Temperatures Hit Record Highs, and More Posted Tue, August 19, 2014
- CITES Listing Countdown: Less Than One Month until Manta Rays are Protected Posted Wed, August 20, 2014