The biggest thing to hit the beaches since Pamela Anderson joined the cast of Baywatch has more hair on his chest than David Hasselhoff and more spring in his step than ... wait, who else was on that show?
His name is Bilbo. You'll be thankful to know he doesn't perform CPR, though you'll have to overlook the fact that his swim stroke is more like a doggie paddle.
That's because Bilbo is a dog, a specially trained dog at that, put to work by British lifeguards in Cornwall to prevent ocean goers from entering the surf when the current's too strong.
Bilbo is reportedly perfecting his slow-motion beach run and hopes to take it his act Hollywood. A talk with Hasselhoff is in the works.
- Sharks and Rays Gain International Protection under CITES Listing Posted Sun, September 14, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Healthy Corals Mean More Sharks, Extinct Dolphin Found in Peruvian Desert, and More Posted Thu, September 11, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Shark-Eating Dinosaur Fossils Discovered, Germany Paving Way for Cheaper Wind Energy, and More Posted Mon, September 15, 2014
- Oceana Magazine: DiCaprio Funds Conservation Across the Entire Eastern Pacific Posted Thu, September 11, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Leatherback Coloration May Play Important Role, UK Sees New Voluntary Seafood Labeling Scheme, and More Posted Wed, September 17, 2014