The biggest thing to hit the beaches since Pamela Anderson joined the cast of Baywatch has more hair on his chest than David Hasselhoff and more spring in his step than ... wait, who else was on that show?
His name is Bilbo. You'll be thankful to know he doesn't perform CPR, though you'll have to overlook the fact that his swim stroke is more like a doggie paddle.
That's because Bilbo is a dog, a specially trained dog at that, put to work by British lifeguards in Cornwall to prevent ocean goers from entering the surf when the current's too strong.
Bilbo is reportedly perfecting his slow-motion beach run and hopes to take it his act Hollywood. A talk with Hasselhoff is in the works.
- Photos: Happy Manatee Awareness Month! Posted Tue, November 18, 2014
- Creature Feature: Ocean Sunfish Posted Thu, November 20, 2014
- Oceana in Chile Submits Recommendations for Lowering Common Hake Catch Quotas Posted Mon, November 24, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Atlantic Bluefin Tuna Catch Quotas Raised, Kemp’s Ridley Turtles Stranding in High Numbers, and More Posted Wed, November 19, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Seals Can Pick up Pings from Acoustic Tags on Fish, Climate Change Making Crabs “Sluggish,” and More Posted Fri, November 21, 2014