When it comes to fossils, size matters -- at least according to a representative from Ripley's Believe It or Not, a museum chain that specializes in odd relics.
The chain reportedly paid $8,000 for a 4 1/2-foot mummified walrus penis bone, the largest known mammal penis fossil, at a recent auction.
- A Big Day for Little Fish Posted Fri, April 11, 2014
- Reducing Bycatch Casualties, One Whale at a Time Posted Mon, April 14, 2014
- New York, the New Windy City? Posted Mon, April 14, 2014
- Drill, Spill, Repeat: Shining a Light on the BP Gulf Disaster 4 Years Later Posted Tue, April 15, 2014
- Hands Across the Sand Posted Wed, April 16, 2014