When it comes to fossils, size matters -- at least according to a representative from Ripley's Believe It or Not, a museum chain that specializes in odd relics.
The chain reportedly paid $8,000 for a 4 1/2-foot mummified walrus penis bone, the largest known mammal penis fossil, at a recent auction.
- Ocean News: African Penguin Language Decoded, Tiny Hydrozoans Bombarding the West Coast, and More Posted Fri, August 1, 2014
- Staff Spotlight: Jackie Savitz Posted Mon, July 28, 2014
- Spain Moves to Protect Four New Areas Outlined in the LIFE+ INDEMARES Project Posted Fri, August 1, 2014
- Ocean News: Cape Cod Embraces Shark Spottings, Rare White Southern Right Whale Calf Spotted off Australia, and More Posted Tue, July 29, 2014
- Offshore Wind Farms Are Foraging Grounds for Seals Posted Fri, August 1, 2014