When it comes to fossils, size matters -- at least according to a representative from Ripley's Believe It or Not, a museum chain that specializes in odd relics.
The chain reportedly paid $8,000 for a 4 1/2-foot mummified walrus penis bone, the largest known mammal penis fossil, at a recent auction.
- Oceana Provides Common Hake Recovery Plan to Chilean Government Posted Wed, September 17, 2014
- Offshore Drilling Risks Highlighted in Myrtle Beach Billboards Posted Fri, September 12, 2014
- Oceana Provides Comments to President Obama’s Task Force to Tackle Illegal Fishing and Seafood Fraud Posted Wed, September 10, 2014
- Sharks and Rays Gain International Protection under CITES Listing Posted Sun, September 14, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Healthy Corals Mean More Sharks, Extinct Dolphin Found in Peruvian Desert, and More Posted Thu, September 11, 2014