I, like many of the staff here at Oceana, have often wrestled with how to make our scientific, dare I say "wonky" ocean issues a bit more digestible for the general audience. Take, for example, ocean acidification.
How does one get John Q. Public to pay attention long enough to understand this complex byproduct of global warming? The answer has escaped me ... until now.
Thanks to the work of Jason Him Onesy, I now know that when Oceana launches our global warming campaign (stand by on that one folks), we should lead with some off-the-hook, fresh out of the club scene, techno beats.
- Ocean Roundup: Morbillivirus Strikes the Florida Keys, New Species of Snailfish Discovered in Mariana Trench, and More Posted Mon, December 22, 2014
- Photos: Christmas Island's Incredible Red Crab Migration is Underway Posted Mon, December 22, 2014
- Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, Ocean Lovers! Posted Wed, December 24, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Chevron Withdraws Drilling Plans from the Arctic, Peru Issues Ban on Shrimp Fishing, and More Posted Fri, December 19, 2014
- Holiday Creature Feature: Christmas Tree Worm and Candy Cane Shrimp Posted Fri, December 19, 2014