Last night was a big one for Oceana. We set up a table at a Nellie McKay concert at the Birchmere, and even got a shout-out from Nellie on stage. We made lots of new friends and got signatures for our petition to restrict shark finning, including Nellie's.
It's a cool new step for us, and I hope we can find other artists who are interested in helping us out. Celebrities and musicians have easy access to an audience, and the help they can provide a cause like Oceana's is immeasurable.
(Not familiar with quirky jazz songstress Nellie McKay? You should check this out.)
- Dusky’s Big Adventure, Day 5: Dusky Asks for Help to Complete His Bucket List Posted Thu, August 14, 2014
- Photos: Leonardo DiCaprio, Other Celebs Fight for Our Oceans at Oceana’s SeaChange Party Posted Mon, August 18, 2014
- Photos: Meet the Biggest Shark Species Swimming in the Oceans Posted Wed, August 13, 2014
- Poll Update: Great White Sharks Win as the Fan Favorite (Photos) Posted Fri, August 15, 2014
- Ocean News: Barbuda Becomes Ocean Conservation Leader in the Caribbean, July Ocean Temperatures Hit Record Highs, and More Posted Tue, August 19, 2014