Last night was a big one for Oceana. We set up a table at a Nellie McKay concert at the Birchmere, and even got a shout-out from Nellie on stage. We made lots of new friends and got signatures for our petition to restrict shark finning, including Nellie's.
It's a cool new step for us, and I hope we can find other artists who are interested in helping us out. Celebrities and musicians have easy access to an audience, and the help they can provide a cause like Oceana's is immeasurable.
(Not familiar with quirky jazz songstress Nellie McKay? You should check this out.)
- Ocean Roundup: Deep Sea Sediments Act as Microplastic Sinks, Risso’s Dolphins Stranding in High Numbers, and More Posted Thu, December 18, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Task Force Releases Recommendations on Seafood Fraud, Sea Otters Critical to Healthy Marshes, and More Posted Tue, December 16, 2014
- Video: Drone Captures Amazing Humpback Whale Feeding Event on Camera Posted Thu, December 18, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: UN Urges Mangrove Protection, Warming Pacific Waters Could Unlock Layer of Methane, and More Posted Fri, December 12, 2014
- Presidential Task Force Releases Bold Recommendations for Tackling Seafood Fraud and Illegal Fishing Posted Tue, December 16, 2014