Last night was a big one for Oceana. We set up a table at a Nellie McKay concert at the Birchmere, and even got a shout-out from Nellie on stage. We made lots of new friends and got signatures for our petition to restrict shark finning, including Nellie's.
It's a cool new step for us, and I hope we can find other artists who are interested in helping us out. Celebrities and musicians have easy access to an audience, and the help they can provide a cause like Oceana's is immeasurable.
(Not familiar with quirky jazz songstress Nellie McKay? You should check this out.)
- Ocean Roundup: Leatherback Coloration May Play Important Role, UK Sees New Voluntary Seafood Labeling Scheme, and More Posted Wed, September 17, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Western Australia Recommended to Halt Shark Cull, Orca Pod Saves Member from Fishing Gear, and More Posted Fri, September 12, 2014
- Oceana Provides Common Hake Recovery Plan to Chilean Government Posted Wed, September 17, 2014
- Offshore Drilling Risks Highlighted in Myrtle Beach Billboards Posted Fri, September 12, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Tiny Clownfish Can Swim for 250 Miles, Sydney Harbor May Turn Tropical, and More Posted Thu, September 18, 2014