Last night was a big one for Oceana. We set up a table at a Nellie McKay concert at the Birchmere, and even got a shout-out from Nellie on stage. We made lots of new friends and got signatures for our petition to restrict shark finning, including Nellie's.
It's a cool new step for us, and I hope we can find other artists who are interested in helping us out. Celebrities and musicians have easy access to an audience, and the help they can provide a cause like Oceana's is immeasurable.
(Not familiar with quirky jazz songstress Nellie McKay? You should check this out.)
- A Big Day for Little Fish Posted Fri, April 11, 2014
- Reducing Bycatch Casualties, One Whale at a Time Posted Mon, April 14, 2014
- New York, the New Windy City? Posted Mon, April 14, 2014
- Drill, Spill, Repeat: Shining a Light on the BP Gulf Disaster 4 Years Later Posted Tue, April 15, 2014
- Hands Across the Sand Posted Wed, April 16, 2014