Found this photo on the LA Times website. A blue whale washed ashore on a beach just north of Los Angeles in Ventura County, the cause of its death yet to be determined. Talk about a hulk. Reports say the whale was 78 feet long and over 100,000 pounds.
That's a whopper, right?
- U.S. Coast Guard Captures Illegal Fishermen in Texas Posted Tue, May 14, 2013
- Victory! Delaware Becomes Seventh State in U.S. to Ban Shark Fin Trade! Posted Thu, May 16, 2013
- It's Endangered Species Day! Posted Fri, May 17, 2013
- Stocks Show Signs of Recovery, But Still Work to Do Posted Fri, May 17, 2013
- Disabled Killer Whale Survives with Help from Its Pod Posted Tue, May 21, 2013