I was stoked to see this story in the Santa Cruz Sentinel about photographer Bryant Austin, friend of whales and Oceana. Austin takes extremely close photos of whales in their natural habitat and hopes his images will draw some attention on behalf of these charming cetaceans.
He generously donated a couple of his whale images for Oceana's use in some of our fundraising efforts. Check out some samples of his work HERE. If you dig what you see, consider purchasing one of his prints - proceeds will benefit Oceana.
- Photos: Leonardo DiCaprio, Other Celebs Fight for Our Oceans at Oceana’s SeaChange Party Posted Mon, August 18, 2014
- Offshore Wind Development Moves Closer to Reality in Maryland, North Carolina Thanks to BOEM Posted Wed, August 20, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Vaquita Porpoise Needs Swift Protection, Atlantic Ocean behind Global Warming Slow Down, and More Posted Fri, August 22, 2014
- Ocean News: Barbuda Becomes Ocean Conservation Leader in the Caribbean, July Ocean Temperatures Hit Record Highs, and More Posted Tue, August 19, 2014
- CITES Listing Countdown: Less Than One Month until Manta Rays are Protected Posted Wed, August 20, 2014