Russians allege that rock samples taken from the Lomonosov Ridge last month prove the section of seabed rich in oil is in fact an underwater extension of the Russian region of Siberia.
The brash claim has prompted the U.S. Senate to reassess the United Nations' Law of the Sea Treaty this week in Congress, an accord the United States had not previously signed on to because of claims the treaty would be unfavorable to America's economy and security.
It's a sound move on the U.S.'s part if you ask me. I mean, everyone knows paper beats rock, right? Score another for the Yanks!
- Victory! Delaware Becomes Seventh State in U.S. to Ban Shark Fin Trade! Posted Thu, May 16, 2013
- It's Endangered Species Day! Posted Fri, May 17, 2013
- Stocks Show Signs of Recovery, But Still Work to Do Posted Fri, May 17, 2013
- Disabled Killer Whale Survives with Help from Its Pod Posted Tue, May 21, 2013
- U.S. Coast Guard Captures Illegal Fishermen in Texas Posted Tue, May 14, 2013