Finally a reason for penguins to leave the pad again.
A zoo in Great Britain recently constructed the world's first zebra crossing for penguins. The scaled down black and white crossing is lined with miniature red safety signs that have an image of a couple happy-footed penguins crossing the road (penguins can't read, of course).
In no time at all the crossing, a twice daily feeding ritual, has become the social event to see and be seen at -- all the penguins don their sharpest tuxedos for the soiree.
Now if only someone could create a crossing for sharks and sea turtles and dolphins and all those marine creatures that are under attack from careless commercial fishing fleets, we might be onto something. ...
- A Big Day for Little Fish Posted Fri, April 11, 2014
- Reducing Bycatch Casualties, One Whale at a Time Posted Mon, April 14, 2014
- New York, the New Windy City? Posted Mon, April 14, 2014
- Drill, Spill, Repeat: Shining a Light on the BP Gulf Disaster 4 Years Later Posted Tue, April 15, 2014
- Hands Across the Sand Posted Wed, April 16, 2014