The answer to world peace lies in within the reef, or so this story claims. Sounds about right to me.
It doesn't happen often, but for the sake of restoring tattered natural reefs in the northern portion of the Red Sea, Israelis and Jordanians are joining forces to create a string of artificial reefs.
I can see it now: It'll start with these two Middle Eastern countries bonding together over their reef, and the next thing you know other countries will begin to follow suit. We'll have more reefs AND world peace.
Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, but it is nice to see people working toward a common goal like this, right?
- Ocean Roundup: UN Sounds Alarm on Mangrove Disappearance, Brazil to Triple Marine Protected Areas, and More Posted Tue, September 30, 2014
- President Obama Designates World’s Largest Marine Protected Area in Pacific Ocean Posted Thu, September 25, 2014
- Recent Marine Fossil Discoveries Provide Insight on Ancient Ocean Inhabitants Posted Wed, October 1, 2014
- Meet a Tiny Crab Species That’s Not into Long-Term Relationships Posted Sat, September 27, 2014
- Video: Rare Blue Whale Footage Captured Off California Posted Tue, September 30, 2014