The answer to world peace lies in within the reef, or so this story claims. Sounds about right to me.
It doesn't happen often, but for the sake of restoring tattered natural reefs in the northern portion of the Red Sea, Israelis and Jordanians are joining forces to create a string of artificial reefs.
I can see it now: It'll start with these two Middle Eastern countries bonding together over their reef, and the next thing you know other countries will begin to follow suit. We'll have more reefs AND world peace.
Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, but it is nice to see people working toward a common goal like this, right?
- Ocean News: June 2014 Marked the Hottest on Record, Microplastics Worse for Crabs than Thought, and More Posted Tue, July 22, 2014
- Tackling Illegal Fishing in Italy: Behind the Scenes Posted Tue, July 22, 2014
- Chilean Salmon Industry Found to Use Highest Amount of Antibiotics Worldwide Posted Tue, July 22, 2014
- Ocean News: Great Barrier Reef Will be “Pretty Ugly” by 2050, Sea Turtle Nests Down in South Carolina, and More Posted Wed, July 23, 2014
- Eleven Florida Lawmakers Urge President Obama to Reconsider Approval for Seismic Airgun Testing Posted Wed, July 23, 2014