This bottlenose dolphin was snapped mid-flight by a 16-year-old boy who was standing on the back of his family's boat in Doubtful Sound, Fiordland as a pod of 20 or so frolicked in the boat's wake.
Bottlenose dolphins are found in all oceans except the colder waters of the Arctic and Antarctic. On average they measure between 6 and 13 feet in length and can weigh up to 1,430 pounds.
- Chilean Salmon Industry Found to Use Highest Amount of Antibiotics Worldwide Posted Tue, July 22, 2014
- Staff Spotlight: Jackie Savitz Posted Mon, July 28, 2014
- Ocean News: Great Barrier Reef Will be “Pretty Ugly” by 2050, Sea Turtle Nests Down in South Carolina, and More Posted Wed, July 23, 2014
- Eleven Florida Lawmakers Urge President Obama to Reconsider Approval for Seismic Airgun Testing Posted Wed, July 23, 2014
- Video: Spangled Emperor Fish Dazzle the Great Barrier Reef Posted Wed, July 23, 2014