This bottlenose dolphin was snapped mid-flight by a 16-year-old boy who was standing on the back of his family's boat in Doubtful Sound, Fiordland as a pod of 20 or so frolicked in the boat's wake.
Bottlenose dolphins are found in all oceans except the colder waters of the Arctic and Antarctic. On average they measure between 6 and 13 feet in length and can weigh up to 1,430 pounds.
- Oceana Provides Comments to President Obama’s Task Force to Tackle Illegal Fishing and Seafood Fraud Posted Wed, September 10, 2014
- Sharks and Rays Gain International Protection under CITES Listing Posted Sun, September 14, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Healthy Corals Mean More Sharks, Extinct Dolphin Found in Peruvian Desert, and More Posted Thu, September 11, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Shark-Eating Dinosaur Fossils Discovered, Germany Paving Way for Cheaper Wind Energy, and More Posted Mon, September 15, 2014
- Oceana Magazine: DiCaprio Funds Conservation Across the Entire Eastern Pacific Posted Thu, September 11, 2014