I love words that end in sphere. Atmosphere, troposphere, stratosphere, mesosphere, thermosphere, exosphere, magnetosphere, biosphere, anthroposphere, hydrosphere, cryosphere, geosphere, lithosphere, pedosphere, asthenosphere, mesosphere... hemisphere! Well, you get the picture.
That is why I was so excited to see all the love Oceana's holiday gift program got last month in what is probably the newest of all words ending in sphere... THE BLOGOSPHERE!
We want to give special thanks to all the bloggers who took time to include our Oceana in their daily writing and helped with the success of our "Eat a Cookie, Save the Oceans" program. These savvy web scribes recognized the value of our program and understood they could do their part to help the oceans even with a simple blog post.
Special thanks go out to: Allie's Answers, Bakery-net.com, The Baltimore Sun Bay & Environment Blog, DayLife.com, Deceptively Packaged, Deep Sea News, Droolicious.com, EasyVegan, EcoChick, Eating Liberally, eMomsathome, Epic Self, Great Green Gadgets, Great Green Goods, Green Daily, Green Thinkers, Gristmill, Hub Pages, I am Not Obsessed, Idealbite, Leather District Gourmet, My Daily Me.com, No-Parking-on-the-Dance-Floor.com, Oh-My-That's-Awesome.com, Serious Eats, Suite 101, Treehugger, Victoria E, ZenDiving.com, 101cookbooks.com.
- Ocean Roundup: Methane Seeping from U.S. Atlantic Seafloor, Iceland’s Caught Scores of Endangered Fin Whales, and More Posted Mon, August 25, 2014
- Creature Feature: Barnacles Posted Tue, August 26, 2014
- Dolphins and Whales Squeal like Children When They’re Happy, Study Says Posted Thu, August 21, 2014
- Seaweed Spotlight: A Rare Glimpse into Beautiful Ocean Kelp Forests (Photos) Posted Mon, August 25, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Rare Blue Lobster Caught in Maine, Cephalopod Skin Providing Groundwork for New Technology, and More Posted Wed, August 27, 2014