Further evidence that octopuses are among the most, if not the most intelligent invertebrates around: Meet Louis the giant Pacific octopus posing in this pic with his new pal Mr. Potato Head. According to the article, "Octopuses are very intelligent and they like to be stimulated and busy."
If things don't work out for Louis and Mr. P in the end, though, I know of a lonely 8-foot-tall Lego man that may be in need of a friend. ...
- Ocean Roundup: Endangered Orca Pod Welcomes Calf, Atmospheric CO2 Levels Reach Record High, and More Posted Tue, September 9, 2014
- Oceana Provides Comments to President Obama’s Task Force to Tackle Illegal Fishing and Seafood Fraud Posted Wed, September 10, 2014
- Sharks and Rays Gain International Protection under CITES Listing Posted Sun, September 14, 2014
- Infographic: BP to Blame for 2010 Deepwater Oil Disaster, Rules Judge Posted Tue, September 9, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Healthy Corals Mean More Sharks, Extinct Dolphin Found in Peruvian Desert, and More Posted Thu, September 11, 2014