Further evidence that octopuses are among the most, if not the most intelligent invertebrates around: Meet Louis the giant Pacific octopus posing in this pic with his new pal Mr. Potato Head. According to the article, "Octopuses are very intelligent and they like to be stimulated and busy."
If things don't work out for Louis and Mr. P in the end, though, I know of a lonely 8-foot-tall Lego man that may be in need of a friend. ...
- Ocean Roundup: 20 Coral Species to Gain Federal Protection, Shell Files New Plan for Arctic Drilling, and More Posted Fri, August 29, 2014
- Oceana Magazine: Chef’s Corner – Sam Talbot Posted Tue, September 2, 2014
- Photos: Oceana in Belize Exposes Belizean Youth to the Wonder of the Sea Posted Wed, August 27, 2014
- Conservation Groups Plan Lawsuit to Protect Sperm Whales Posted Fri, August 29, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Florida Receives Federal Help for Oyster Recovery, Climate Change Linked to Iceland’s Puffin Decline, and More Posted Thu, August 28, 2014