Here's something divers can appreciate: A device that enables the user to text message others while underwater.
Now I know what you're thinking, and that was my first reaction too. Why in the world would anyone need to send a text message while exploring a coral reef?
But this sort of technology does have its perks. For instance, say a diver miscalculates and suddenly finds himself running low of air.
Not only does the underwater digital interface allow a diver to call for help, it also has the capacity to link up to 56 divers to units on boats or land.
Not such a wacky idea after all. Plus you could text your sustainable fish inquiries without ever having to leave the water.
- Photos: A Look at Some of the Ocean’s Most Beautiful Tentacles Posted Thu, July 24, 2014
- Ocean News: Blue Whale “Hot Spots” Linked with Busy Shipping Lanes, Massachusetts Bans Shark Fin Trade, and More Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Massachusetts Takes a Step Forward For Sharks Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Loggerhead Sea Turtles Gain Protection with Swordfish Drift Gillnet Fishery Restriction Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Ocean News: June 2014 Marked the Hottest on Record, Microplastics Worse for Crabs than Thought, and More Posted Tue, July 22, 2014