Here's something divers can appreciate: A device that enables the user to text message others while underwater.
Now I know what you're thinking, and that was my first reaction too. Why in the world would anyone need to send a text message while exploring a coral reef?
But this sort of technology does have its perks. For instance, say a diver miscalculates and suddenly finds himself running low of air.
Not only does the underwater digital interface allow a diver to call for help, it also has the capacity to link up to 56 divers to units on boats or land.
Not such a wacky idea after all. Plus you could text your sustainable fish inquiries without ever having to leave the water.
- Marine Mammal Unusual Mortality Events Get the Spotlight on Capitol Hill Posted Fri, July 18, 2014
- Ocean News: Regulators Propose Whale Sanctuary in the Canary Islands, Harbor Seals Found to Forage around Wind Farms, and More Posted Thu, July 24, 2014
- Obama Administration Approves Seismic Airgun Use off the Atlantic Coast In Spite of Local Opposition and Threats to Marine Life Posted Fri, July 18, 2014
- Ocean News: Green Sea Turtle Makes Longest Migration Ever Recorded, Small Oil Spill Found off of Italy, and More Posted Mon, July 21, 2014
- North Atlantic Great White Sharks are Rebounding, but that’s Not the Case for All Species Posted Mon, July 21, 2014