Not exactly something to celebrate, the scalloped hammerhead shark will be added to the "globally endangered" species list this year.
Some 233 shark species are currently on the red list, with nine more to be added, including the hammerhead. Over-fishing and shark finning are two reasons these fish are in trouble.
Luckily (and you guessed it!) Oceana is working to reverse the dismal trend. Find out how HERE.
- Stocks Show Signs of Recovery, But Still Work to Do Posted Fri, May 17, 2013
- What Do Historic CO2 Levels Mean for the Oceans? Posted Tue, May 14, 2013
- U.S. Coast Guard Captures Illegal Fishermen in Texas Posted Tue, May 14, 2013
- Victory! Delaware Becomes Seventh State in U.S. to Ban Shark Fin Trade! Posted Thu, May 16, 2013
- It's Endangered Species Day! Posted Fri, May 17, 2013