Not exactly something to celebrate, the scalloped hammerhead shark will be added to the "globally endangered" species list this year.
Some 233 shark species are currently on the red list, with nine more to be added, including the hammerhead. Over-fishing and shark finning are two reasons these fish are in trouble.
Luckily (and you guessed it!) Oceana is working to reverse the dismal trend. Find out how HERE.
- Oceana Provides Comments to President Obama’s Task Force to Tackle Illegal Fishing and Seafood Fraud Posted Wed, September 10, 2014
- Six Sharks and Rays Gain International Protection under CITES Listing Posted Sun, September 14, 2014
- Infographic: BP to Blame for 2010 Deepwater Oil Disaster, Rules Judge Posted Tue, September 9, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Healthy Corals Mean More Sharks, Extinct Dolphin Found in Peruvian Desert, and More Posted Thu, September 11, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Sea Turtles Released after Swallowing Fish Hooks, UK Builds Massive Salt Marsh to Protect Coastline, and More Posted Mon, September 8, 2014