Not exactly something to celebrate, the scalloped hammerhead shark will be added to the "globally endangered" species list this year.
Some 233 shark species are currently on the red list, with nine more to be added, including the hammerhead. Over-fishing and shark finning are two reasons these fish are in trouble.
Luckily (and you guessed it!) Oceana is working to reverse the dismal trend. Find out how HERE.
- Massachusetts Takes a Step Forward For Sharks Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Loggerhead Sea Turtles Gain Protection with Swordfish Drift Gillnet Fishery Restriction Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Ocean News: NC Fishermen Face Tighter Restrictions, Antarctic Fur Seals Hurt by Climate Change, and More Posted Mon, July 28, 2014
- Baby Sea Turtles Found to Make Noise to Coordinate Hatching Posted Mon, July 28, 2014
- Chilean Salmon Industry Found to Use Highest Amount of Antibiotics Worldwide Posted Tue, July 22, 2014