Not exactly something to celebrate, the scalloped hammerhead shark will be added to the "globally endangered" species list this year.
Some 233 shark species are currently on the red list, with nine more to be added, including the hammerhead. Over-fishing and shark finning are two reasons these fish are in trouble.
Luckily (and you guessed it!) Oceana is working to reverse the dismal trend. Find out how HERE.
- Ocean News: Great Barrier Reef Will be “Pretty Ugly” by 2050, Sea Turtle Nests Down in South Carolina, and More Posted Wed, July 23, 2014
- CEO Note: Another Chlorine Plant Goes Mercury-Free Posted Thu, July 17, 2014
- Eleven Florida Lawmakers Urge President Obama to Reconsider Approval for Seismic Airgun Testing Posted Wed, July 23, 2014
- Ocean News: U.S. to Auction Off New Jersey Area for Offshore Wind, Baby Sea Turtles Found to Make Noises, and More Posted Fri, July 18, 2014
- Video: Spangled Emperor Fish Dazzle the Great Barrier Reef Posted Wed, July 23, 2014