Shipping fleets emit more carbon dioxide worldwide than most individual countries emit from all sources - only five countries crank out more CO2 than the global shipping fleet. Yet these ship emissions are entirely unregulated.
[Ed Note] ... Sounds like someone missed the boat on that one. ... Won't be that way for long, though, if Oceana campaigners have anything to say about it.
- Oceana’s 2014 Balearic Seamount Expedition: Diaries from the Field Posted Thu, August 28, 2014
- Oceana Magazine: Tuna in Trouble Posted Mon, August 25, 2014
- CITES Listing Countdown: Less Than Three Weeks until Porbeagle Sharks are Protected Posted Wed, August 27, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: 20 Coral Species to Gain Federal Protection, Shell Files New Plan for Arctic Drilling, and More Posted Fri, August 29, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Maine’s Scallop Fishery Could See Closures, Sydney Harbor Littered with Microplastics, and More Posted Tue, August 26, 2014