Shipping fleets emit more carbon dioxide worldwide than most individual countries emit from all sources - only five countries crank out more CO2 than the global shipping fleet. Yet these ship emissions are entirely unregulated.
[Ed Note] ... Sounds like someone missed the boat on that one. ... Won't be that way for long, though, if Oceana campaigners have anything to say about it.
- Obama Administration Approves Seismic Airgun Use off the Atlantic Coast In Spite of Local Opposition and Threats to Marine Life Posted Fri, July 18, 2014
- Photos: A Look at Some of the Ocean’s Most Beautiful Tentacles Posted Thu, July 24, 2014
- Ocean News: Green Sea Turtle Makes Longest Migration Ever Recorded, Small Oil Spill Found off of Italy, and More Posted Mon, July 21, 2014
- Ocean News: Blue Whale “Hot Spots” Linked with Busy Shipping Lanes, Massachusetts Bans Shark Fin Trade, and More Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- North Atlantic Great White Sharks are Rebounding, but that’s Not the Case for All Species Posted Mon, July 21, 2014