Shipping fleets emit more carbon dioxide worldwide than most individual countries emit from all sources - only five countries crank out more CO2 than the global shipping fleet. Yet these ship emissions are entirely unregulated.
[Ed Note] ... Sounds like someone missed the boat on that one. ... Won't be that way for long, though, if Oceana campaigners have anything to say about it.
- Ocean Roundup: Leatherback Coloration May Play Important Role, UK Sees New Voluntary Seafood Labeling Scheme, and More Posted Wed, September 17, 2014
- Photos: On International Coastal Cleanup Day, Five Ways to Help the Oceans Posted Fri, September 19, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Australia Releases Great Barrier Reef Management Plan, West Coast Starfish See Hope for Recovery, and More Posted Mon, September 22, 2014
- Oceana Provides Common Hake Recovery Plan to Chilean Government Posted Wed, September 17, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Gulf of Mexico Sharks are Shrinking, Caribbean Reefs Capable of Being Saved, and More Posted Fri, September 19, 2014