A story about the rapid decline of Chinook salmon on the U.S. west coast has been creeping up the New York Times' most-emailed list. With its noirish headline, "Chinook Salmon Vanish Without a Trace," the story presents the plummeting population as a mystery to be unraveled.
Oceana has been watching the western salmon fishery closely, and it's clear that it's a complex situation with many possible suspects. Paging
- Photos: A Look at Some of the Ocean’s Most Beautiful Tentacles Posted Thu, July 24, 2014
- Ocean News: Green Sea Turtle Makes Longest Migration Ever Recorded, Small Oil Spill Found off of Italy, and More Posted Mon, July 21, 2014
- Ocean News: Blue Whale “Hot Spots” Linked with Busy Shipping Lanes, Massachusetts Bans Shark Fin Trade, and More Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- North Atlantic Great White Sharks are Rebounding, but that’s Not the Case for All Species Posted Mon, July 21, 2014
- Massachusetts Takes a Step Forward For Sharks Posted Fri, July 25, 2014