A story about the rapid decline of Chinook salmon on the U.S. west coast has been creeping up the New York Times' most-emailed list. With its noirish headline, "Chinook Salmon Vanish Without a Trace," the story presents the plummeting population as a mystery to be unraveled.
Oceana has been watching the western salmon fishery closely, and it's clear that it's a complex situation with many possible suspects. Paging
- Miranda Cosgrove Stars in New Oceana PSA to Save Dolphins Posted Wed, March 5, 2014
- The Economist’s Arctic Summit Convenes in London Posted Thu, March 6, 2014
- CEO Note: Arctic Drilling Held At Bay Posted Fri, February 28, 2014
- Obama Admin Moves Forward to Open the Atlantic Ocean to Seismic Airgun Blasts & Drilling Posted Fri, February 28, 2014
- CEO Note: State Shark Fin Bans Protected Posted Wed, March 5, 2014