A story about the rapid decline of Chinook salmon on the U.S. west coast has been creeping up the New York Times' most-emailed list. With its noirish headline, "Chinook Salmon Vanish Without a Trace," the story presents the plummeting population as a mystery to be unraveled.
Oceana has been watching the western salmon fishery closely, and it's clear that it's a complex situation with many possible suspects. Paging
- CEO Note: Sperm Whales Left Unprotected from Drift Gillnets Posted Sun, September 21, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Leatherback Coloration May Play Important Role, UK Sees New Voluntary Seafood Labeling Scheme, and More Posted Wed, September 17, 2014
- Video: Ocean Acidification Masking Sharks’ Sense of Smell Posted Tue, September 23, 2014
- Photos: On International Coastal Cleanup Day, Five Ways to Help the Oceans Posted Fri, September 19, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Australia Releases Great Barrier Reef Management Plan, West Coast Starfish See Hope for Recovery, and More Posted Mon, September 22, 2014