Lately, I've had the color green on my mind thanks to initiatives related to fundraising and sea turtles. Now, it's the passion project of a woman named Kristen Edwards that brings the emerald hue to mind.
Kristen recently launched a website called greenunitedstates.com that looks to inspire and empower people to live in a more eco-friendly manner. Although I always like to tell people to "think blue," I'll admit Green United States is a more apt moniker than Blue United States (a future website for ocean-loving Dems maybe?). Right now, Oceana is featured as a "Green Champion" on Kristen's site and hopefully down the road we'll be able to partner for some excellent greenish-blue causes.
There are several reasons to check out the site, including news updates and the blog, but the first thing you should do is take the pledge to adhere to a cleaner, greener (think greenish-blue) lifestyle. I've taken the pledge and I hope you'll consider doing the same. Kristen hopes to get 1 million people to pledge by Earth Day 2009, so that leaves just about 51 weeks for the tally to BaLOOn.
- It's Endangered Species Day! Posted Fri, May 17, 2013
- Stocks Show Signs of Recovery, But Still Work to Do Posted Fri, May 17, 2013
- Disabled Killer Whale Survives with Help from Its Pod Posted Tue, May 21, 2013
- Oceana CEO Andy Sharpless Discusses His New Book, The Perfect Protein Posted Wed, May 22, 2013
- Happy World Turtle Day! Posted Thu, May 23, 2013