Lately, I've had the color green on my mind thanks to initiatives related to fundraising and sea turtles. Now, it's the passion project of a woman named Kristen Edwards that brings the emerald hue to mind.
Kristen recently launched a website called greenunitedstates.com that looks to inspire and empower people to live in a more eco-friendly manner. Although I always like to tell people to "think blue," I'll admit Green United States is a more apt moniker than Blue United States (a future website for ocean-loving Dems maybe?). Right now, Oceana is featured as a "Green Champion" on Kristen's site and hopefully down the road we'll be able to partner for some excellent greenish-blue causes.
There are several reasons to check out the site, including news updates and the blog, but the first thing you should do is take the pledge to adhere to a cleaner, greener (think greenish-blue) lifestyle. I've taken the pledge and I hope you'll consider doing the same. Kristen hopes to get 1 million people to pledge by Earth Day 2009, so that leaves just about 51 weeks for the tally to BaLOOn.
- The Economist’s Arctic Summit Convenes in London Posted Thu, March 6, 2014
- CEO Note: Arctic Drilling Held At Bay Posted Fri, February 28, 2014
- Obama Admin Moves Forward to Open the Atlantic Ocean to Seismic Airgun Blasts & Drilling Posted Fri, February 28, 2014
- CEO Note: State Shark Fin Bans Protected Posted Wed, March 5, 2014
- Miranda Cosgrove Stars in New Oceana PSA to Save Dolphins Posted Wed, March 5, 2014