The oceans got glam treatment this month, as Vanity Fair's Green Issue features Oceana in a two-page spread photographed in California and New York. The photo, shot by famed art photog Art Streiber, paired Oceana's celeb champions and policy wonks. I think they all look dignified, intelligent, and dedicated; also, I want to buy that cable-knit sweater Sam Waterston's selling.
From left: movie producer Keith Addis, Ted Danson, Mary Steenburgen, fisheries guru Dr. Daniel Pauly, actress Amber Valletta, Oceana CEO Andrew Sharpless, Oceana board member María Eugenia Girón, former Colombian president César Gaviria, and Jack McCoy, er, Sam Waterston. The Vanity Fair issue is available online and will hit newsstands later this week.
- Disabled Killer Whale Survives with Help from Its Pod Posted Tue, May 21, 2013
- Oceana CEO Andy Sharpless Discusses His New Book, The Perfect Protein Posted Wed, May 22, 2013
- Happy World Turtle Day! Posted Thu, May 23, 2013
- It's Endangered Species Day! Posted Fri, May 17, 2013
- Stocks Show Signs of Recovery, But Still Work to Do Posted Fri, May 17, 2013