The oceans got glam treatment this month, as Vanity Fair's Green Issue features Oceana in a two-page spread photographed in California and New York. The photo, shot by famed art photog Art Streiber, paired Oceana's celeb champions and policy wonks. I think they all look dignified, intelligent, and dedicated; also, I want to buy that cable-knit sweater Sam Waterston's selling.
From left: movie producer Keith Addis, Ted Danson, Mary Steenburgen, fisheries guru Dr. Daniel Pauly, actress Amber Valletta, Oceana CEO Andrew Sharpless, Oceana board member María Eugenia Girón, former Colombian president César Gaviria, and Jack McCoy, er, Sam Waterston. The Vanity Fair issue is available online and will hit newsstands later this week.
- Oceana Magazine: Wasted Catch Posted Mon, September 1, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Rare Blue Lobster Caught in Maine, Cephalopod Skin Providing Groundwork for New Technology, and More Posted Wed, August 27, 2014
- Oceana’s 2014 Balearic Seamount Expedition: Diaries from the Field Posted Thu, August 28, 2014
- CITES Listing Countdown: Less Than Three Weeks until Porbeagle Sharks are Protected Posted Wed, August 27, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: 20 Coral Species to Gain Federal Protection, Shell Files New Plan for Arctic Drilling, and More Posted Fri, August 29, 2014