The oceans got glam treatment this month, as Vanity Fair's Green Issue features Oceana in a two-page spread photographed in California and New York. The photo, shot by famed art photog Art Streiber, paired Oceana's celeb champions and policy wonks. I think they all look dignified, intelligent, and dedicated; also, I want to buy that cable-knit sweater Sam Waterston's selling.
From left: movie producer Keith Addis, Ted Danson, Mary Steenburgen, fisheries guru Dr. Daniel Pauly, actress Amber Valletta, Oceana CEO Andrew Sharpless, Oceana board member María Eugenia Girón, former Colombian president César Gaviria, and Jack McCoy, er, Sam Waterston. The Vanity Fair issue is available online and will hit newsstands later this week.
- Video: Huge School of Anchovies Swarms San Diego Shoreline Posted Thu, July 17, 2014
- CEO Note: Another Chlorine Plant Goes Mercury-Free Posted Thu, July 17, 2014
- Ocean News: U.S. to Auction Off New Jersey Area for Offshore Wind, Baby Sea Turtles Found to Make Noises, and More Posted Fri, July 18, 2014
- Marine Mammal Unusual Mortality Events Get the Spotlight on Capitol Hill Posted Fri, July 18, 2014
- Obama Administration Approves Seismic Airgun Use off the Atlantic Coast In Spite of Local Opposition and Threats to Marine Life Posted Fri, July 18, 2014