The oceans got glam treatment this month, as Vanity Fair's Green Issue features Oceana in a two-page spread photographed in California and New York. The photo, shot by famed art photog Art Streiber, paired Oceana's celeb champions and policy wonks. I think they all look dignified, intelligent, and dedicated; also, I want to buy that cable-knit sweater Sam Waterston's selling.
From left: movie producer Keith Addis, Ted Danson, Mary Steenburgen, fisheries guru Dr. Daniel Pauly, actress Amber Valletta, Oceana CEO Andrew Sharpless, Oceana board member María Eugenia Girón, former Colombian president César Gaviria, and Jack McCoy, er, Sam Waterston. The Vanity Fair issue is available online and will hit newsstands later this week.
- Oceana Testifies in Support of MA Seafood Labeling Bills Posted Fri, June 14, 2013
- Meet the Faces of the Ocean Hero Junior Awards! Posted Fri, June 14, 2013
- Destructive Fishing Gear Kills 400K+ Seabirds per Year Posted Mon, June 17, 2013
- Brunei Becomes First Asian Country to Ban Shark Finning! Posted Tue, June 18, 2013
- National Aquarium Gives a Fresh Approach to Combating Seafood Fraud Posted Wed, June 19, 2013