Delta Air Lines meant to inaugurate its first nonstop flight from Atlanta to Shanghai in the finest fashion that would honor traditions at both ends of its journey: Coca-Cola at one end, and shark fin soup at the other.
That's right: Delta served shark fin soup on an airplane. Up to 73 million sharks a year are killed for their fins, usually by crudely lopping off the fins and throwing the shark overboard to die. Oceana has worked hard to earn sharks the protection they deserve in an international campaign from Chile to Europe. Until the public gets on board, however, we still have an uphill climb.
- Disabled Killer Whale Survives with Help from Its Pod Posted Tue, May 21, 2013
- Oceana CEO Andy Sharpless Discusses His New Book, The Perfect Protein Posted Wed, May 22, 2013
- Happy World Turtle Day! Posted Thu, May 23, 2013
- It's Endangered Species Day! Posted Fri, May 17, 2013
- Stocks Show Signs of Recovery, But Still Work to Do Posted Fri, May 17, 2013