Those were the words Oceana's chief scientist Mike Hirshfield used to describe this newly discovered species, and he may have it right. The fish, discovered by commercial divers in Indonesia, features a flat, frowny face, forward-facing eyes, and stumpy legs that it walks on. It looks like a wacky cross between a frog and the dinosaur from Jurassic Park that ate Newman. Freaky!
- Massachusetts Takes a Step Forward For Sharks Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Ocean News: Brazil Bans Catfish Fishery to Protect Pink River Dolphins, Arctic Ice Melt Leading to Large Arctic Waves, and More Posted Thu, July 31, 2014
- Loggerhead Sea Turtles Gain Protection with Swordfish Drift Gillnet Fishery Restriction Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Video: Watch Dozens of Baby Loggerhead Sea Turtles Scurry to the Ocean Posted Thu, July 31, 2014
- Ocean News: NC Fishermen Face Tighter Restrictions, Antarctic Fur Seals Hurt by Climate Change, and More Posted Mon, July 28, 2014