Those were the words Oceana's chief scientist Mike Hirshfield used to describe this newly discovered species, and he may have it right. The fish, discovered by commercial divers in Indonesia, features a flat, frowny face, forward-facing eyes, and stumpy legs that it walks on. It looks like a wacky cross between a frog and the dinosaur from Jurassic Park that ate Newman. Freaky!
- Eleven Florida Lawmakers Urge President Obama to Reconsider Approval for Seismic Airgun Testing Posted Wed, July 23, 2014
- Ocean News: U.S. to Auction Off New Jersey Area for Offshore Wind, Baby Sea Turtles Found to Make Noises, and More Posted Fri, July 18, 2014
- Video: Spangled Emperor Fish Dazzle the Great Barrier Reef Posted Wed, July 23, 2014
- Marine Mammal Unusual Mortality Events Get the Spotlight on Capitol Hill Posted Fri, July 18, 2014
- Ocean News: Regulators Propose Whale Sanctuary in the Canary Islands, Harbor Seals Found to Forage around Wind Farms, and More Posted Thu, July 24, 2014