Those were the words Oceana's chief scientist Mike Hirshfield used to describe this newly discovered species, and he may have it right. The fish, discovered by commercial divers in Indonesia, features a flat, frowny face, forward-facing eyes, and stumpy legs that it walks on. It looks like a wacky cross between a frog and the dinosaur from Jurassic Park that ate Newman. Freaky!
- Video: Huge School of Anchovies Swarms San Diego Shoreline Posted Thu, July 17, 2014
- Ocean News: Great Barrier Reef Will be “Pretty Ugly” by 2050, Sea Turtle Nests Down in South Carolina, and More Posted Wed, July 23, 2014
- CEO Note: Another Chlorine Plant Goes Mercury-Free Posted Thu, July 17, 2014
- Eleven Florida Lawmakers Urge President Obama to Reconsider Approval for Seismic Airgun Testing Posted Wed, July 23, 2014
- Ocean News: U.S. to Auction Off New Jersey Area for Offshore Wind, Baby Sea Turtles Found to Make Noises, and More Posted Fri, July 18, 2014