It's a happy day for Peace Pec, an 835-pound manatee who was released into the wild after a stint at a manatee hospital in Tampa, Fla.
Peace Pec was found tangled in crab trap line so badly that his left fin had to be amputated. Despite his injury, he is expected to thrive. Happy trails, big guy.
Maybe he'll meet up with the one-finned seal that bit off Buster's hand in Arrested Development.
[Photo credit: Chris Urso/Tampa Tribune]
- Stocks Show Signs of Recovery, But Still Work to Do Posted Fri, May 17, 2013
- Disabled Killer Whale Survives with Help from Its Pod Posted Tue, May 21, 2013
- Oceana CEO Andy Sharpless Discusses His New Book, The Perfect Protein Posted Wed, May 22, 2013
- Victory! Delaware Becomes Seventh State in U.S. to Ban Shark Fin Trade! Posted Thu, May 16, 2013
- It's Endangered Species Day! Posted Fri, May 17, 2013