It's a happy day for Peace Pec, an 835-pound manatee who was released into the wild after a stint at a manatee hospital in Tampa, Fla.
Peace Pec was found tangled in crab trap line so badly that his left fin had to be amputated. Despite his injury, he is expected to thrive. Happy trails, big guy.
Maybe he'll meet up with the one-finned seal that bit off Buster's hand in Arrested Development.
[Photo credit: Chris Urso/Tampa Tribune]
- No-Take Zones in Belize Could Rebuild Conch, Lobster, and Grouper Populations Posted Tue, July 29, 2014
- Video: Spangled Emperor Fish Dazzle the Great Barrier Reef Posted Wed, July 23, 2014
- Impacts of Climate Change on Highly Migratory Species Prioritized in NMFS Management Plan Posted Tue, July 29, 2014
- Ocean News: Regulators Propose Whale Sanctuary in the Canary Islands, Harbor Seals Found to Forage around Wind Farms, and More Posted Thu, July 24, 2014
- Ocean News: Climate Change Threatens Red Knots, Pacific Island Leaders Meet to Discuss Ocean Conservation, and More Posted Wed, July 30, 2014