It's a happy day for Peace Pec, an 835-pound manatee who was released into the wild after a stint at a manatee hospital in Tampa, Fla.
Peace Pec was found tangled in crab trap line so badly that his left fin had to be amputated. Despite his injury, he is expected to thrive. Happy trails, big guy.
Maybe he'll meet up with the one-finned seal that bit off Buster's hand in Arrested Development.
[Photo credit: Chris Urso/Tampa Tribune]
- Ocean Roundup: Fiddler Crabs Found Far North of Their Range, 500 Dead Sea Lions Discovered in Peru, and More Posted Tue, November 25, 2014
- Sea Turtles Can Get the Bends after Capture in Fishing Gear, Says New Study Posted Tue, November 25, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Dolphins Use Whistles as Names, Conservationists Call for Removal of Queensland Shark Nets, and More Posted Mon, November 24, 2014
- ICCAT Moves to Properly Manage Bluefin Tuna, but Doesn’t Take Action for Sharks and Swordfish Posted Wed, November 26, 2014
- Oceana in Chile Submits Recommendations for Lowering Common Hake Catch Quotas Posted Mon, November 24, 2014